* Goodix Touchscreen Active Stylus support
@ 2020-04-13  9:35 Daniele Gobbetti
From: Daniele Gobbetti @ 2020-04-13  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hello,

I own a Chuwi Minibook which contains a goodix touchscreen controller
that supports an Active Stylus.

I have (a working prototype of) a patch which is working good on my
device and is loosely based upon [1] but much less invasive.

My patch is creating a second input device for the active stylus. I
noticed this is already done in some other devices (e.g. the surface3
[2], [3]) and has the advantage that the second input device deals
natively with events like proximity.

According to [1] there at least 7 other devices that would benefit from
the inclusion of this functionality in the kernel.

Do you think it makes sense to add support for active styli in the
goodix touchscreen driver?
Would you be interested in reviewing my patch?
Do you think it is acceptable to create a second input device for this?

Best regards,
Daniele

[1] https://gitlab.com/AdyaAdya/goodix-touchscreen-linux-driver/
[2]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git/tree/drivers/input/touchscreen/surface3_spi.c#n252
[3]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git/tree/drivers/input/touchscreen/surface3_spi.c#n288

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-13  9:43 UTC | newest]