* Progress Bar
@ 2014-11-22  7:41 Mahdi Saadat
From: Mahdi Saadat @ 2014-11-22  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

 hi
] build the image-minimal , and want to add the dialog installer for it with
progress bar and dialog , when i use install.sh, in the image installation
on target device the message shows that "dialog and progress could not
find".
could you please inform me about the creating progress bar when installing
th image on dest device

---------------
Regards
Mahdi Saadat

* Re: Progress Bar
@ 2014-11-25 11:27 ` Paul Eggleton
       [not found]   ` <003101d008a6$e9838b90$bc8aa2b0$@nimakco.net>
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-11-25 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahdi Saadat; +Cc: yocto

Hi Mahdi,

On Saturday 22 November 2014 11:11:16 Mahdi Saadat wrote:
> ] build the image-minimal , and want to add the dialog installer for it with
> progress bar and dialog , when i use install.sh, in the image installation
> on target device the message shows that "dialog and progress could not
> find".
> could you please inform me about the creating progress bar when installing
> th image on dest device

Sorry, I don't understand the question because there isn't enough detail. I'm
not even sure which part of the system you're using. Which install.sh is this?
"dialog and progress could not find" - is this exactly how the error message is
written?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Progress Bar
       [not found]   ` <003101d008a6$e9838b90$bc8aa2b0$@nimakco.net>
@ 2014-11-25 11:49     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-11-25 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahdi Saadat; +Cc: yocto

On Tuesday 25 November 2014 15:26:46 Mahdi Saadat wrote:
> > On Saturday 22 November 2014 11:11:16 Mahdi Saadat wrote:
> > > ] build the image-minimal , and want to add the dialog installer for
> > > it with progress bar and dialog , when i use install.sh, in the image
> > > installation on target device the message shows that "dialog and
> > > progress could not find".
> > > could you please inform me about the creating progress bar when
> > > installing th image on dest device
>
> > Sorry, I don't understand the question because there isn't enough detail.
> > I'm not even sure which part of the system you're using. Which install.sh
> > is this? "dialog and progress could not find" - is this exactly how the
> > error message is written?
>
> The problem is as below:
> I want to add installation progress bar on my final image, so when I going
> to install on the target machine it shows the progress bar of installing the
> image and copying the files.
> I edit the init.install.sh file in the meta folder and add "dialog command
> or PV command" to it, but when I installing  the image on the target machine
> it says no "dialog command or PV command" found.
>
> Is it an approach to create progress bar when installing image on target
> machine?

This is functionality we don't currently provide as far as I know, and there
are lots of different ways you could implement it. If you need additional
packages to support this behaviour you'll need to ensure they get installed
into the initramfs; by default, that would be determined in the
core-image-minimal-initramfs recipe - you can either modify that (for testing)
or preferably copy it and then specify your alternative initramfs image recipe
by setting INITRD_IMAGE to point to its name.

Cheers,
Paul