* [Portwell] Install Yocto on Samsung eMMC
@ 2016-03-30  6:19 Max Chi (紀鵬遠) : 8579
From: Max Chi (紀鵬遠) : 8579 @ 2016-03-30  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto
  Cc: Jared Lin (林子健) : 8383,
	Thomas Lien (連增達) : 8271,
	Frederic Wang (王家憲) : 8233,
	Jason Lin  (林建伸) : 8230

Dear Sirs,

We’re facing issue on installing Yocto on Samsung eMMC. The eMMC model is as below. However, we tried to install on Micron eMMC and it’s no problem. We’re just wondering if Yocto needs to use with specific eMMC brand/model?

KLMAG2GEND-B031

Thank you so much.

Yours sincerely,

Max Chi
Join Portwell in the Electric Dream!
Portwell, Inc. / Industrial Platform Service BU
Tel: +886-2-7731-8888 #8579
Website: www.portwell.com.tw<http://www.portwell.com.tw/>

* Qt5 embedded Japanese input
@ 2016-03-30 23:15 ` Fred Ollinger
From: Fred Ollinger @ 2016-03-30 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

There are methods in desktop linux which allow one to input Japanese (and other non-Latin language) text into text fields.

Does anyone have any experience with integrating a stand alone solution into a Qt5 application?

Frederick

* Debian Stretch build error "Install SDL devel"
@ 2016-03-31 22:55   ` Fred Ollinger
From: Fred Ollinger @ 2016-03-31 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I know that Debian Stretch is not supported, but I'd like to help shake out the errors to get support.

I'm on poky

commit 9fd145d27ec479668fac490a9f1078089f22bf59

I tried to build qemu-native and it failed with the following:

| ERROR: User requested feature sdl
|        configure was not able to find it.
|        Install SDL devel

libsdl1.2-dev is installed.

Any ideas?

Frederick

* Re: Debian Stretch build error "Install SDL devel"
@ 2016-04-01  3:30     ` Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 2016-04-01  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Fred Ollinger
<Fred.Ollinger@seescan.com> wrote:
> I know that Debian Stretch is not supported, but I'd like to help shake out the errors to get support.
>

> I'm on poky
>

> commit 9fd145d27ec479668fac490a9f1078089f22bf59
>

> I tried to build qemu-native and it failed with the following:
>

> | ERROR: User requested feature sdl
> |        configure was not able to find it.
> |        Install SDL devel
>

> libsdl1.2-dev is installed.
>

> Any ideas?

See the "Qemu configuration" section of conf/local.conf.

You can either disable qemu support for SDL by commenting out the
following lines:

  PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
  PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"

Or (if you do actually need qemu with SDL support enabled) try using
OE's version of libsdl instead of the one provided by the host system,
by commenting out:

  ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"

Note that using OE's version of libsdl was only recently enabled in
OE's master branch (see below) so may or may not work with the Dizzy
based release you are using.

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=81f009d173f24501ab0e04d845db74ecb5f8e332

@ 2016-04-01 16:34       ` Fred Ollinger
From: Fred Ollinger @ 2016-04-01 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre McCurdy; +Cc: yocto

Confirmed that commenting out the following in my build/conf/local.conf allowed me to build qemu-native. (I don't need qemu at all).

# PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
# PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
# ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"

Thank-you for the quick and accurate reply.

Frederick