* Re: [yocto] Raspberry pi 4 recipe and layer issues.
       [not found] <332010843.999023.1576795278177.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-12-19 22:41 ` Ed Vidal
From: Ed Vidal @ 2019-12-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: Josef Holzmayr

Hi All,
This is the error, that I was getting with meta-yosys-tools/recipes-yosys/yosys/yosys_0.1.bb,found at github.com/develone.
The strip command fails, both on raspberrypi4-64 target and during the "bitbake yosys" build.During the do_install which returns an error.strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `yosys'
This above error was happening during do_install.Made some chgs to the Makefile chg'ed prefix from /usr/local to /optadded a variable YOCTO := "--input-target=elf64-littleaarch64"added $(YOCTO) to lines 763, 765, and 769 of yosys Makefile
Now, my build for the rpi4-64 gets to the do_package step.NOTE: Skipping file /opt/bin/yosys-abc from yosys for already-stripped QA testNOTE: Skipping file /opt/bin/yosys-filterlib from yosys for already-stripped QA testERROR: Fatal errors occurred in subprocesses:
ls tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+d406f2ffd7-r0/image/opt/bin  share
Where the desired, files are located, in the /opt/bin & /opt/share/yosys folders.
I tested these files on rpi4-64 target.  I am getting an error on rpi4-64 target./opt/bin/yosys: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error.
All help is appreciated.Best Regards

Edward Vidal Jr. e-mail develone@sbcglobal.net 915-595-1613

* Re: [yocto] Raspberry pi 4 recipe and layer issues.
@ 2019-12-24  9:23   ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-12-24  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Vidal; +Cc: yocto

Howdy.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 09:11:07PM +0000, Ed Vidal wrote:
> The Makefile executes several lines, which set variables ARACHNE_VER, GIT_REV, and VER_HASH.   These are used in the rule which creates a file src/version_$(VER_HASH).cc.The line below appears to be the one that causes the error.VER_HASH = $(shell echo "$(ARACHNE_VER) $(GIT_REV)" | sum | cut -d ' ' -f -1)
> src/version_$(VER_HASH).cc: echo "const char *version_str = \"arachne-pnr $(ARACHNE_VER) (git sha1 $(GIT_REV), $(notdir $(CXX)) `$(CXX) --version | tr ' ()' '\n' | grep '^[0-9]' | head -n1` $(filter -f% -m% -O% -DNDEBUG,$(CXXFLAGS)))\";" > src/version_$(VER_HASH).cc
> bin/arachne-pnr$(EXE): src/arachne-pnr.o src/netlist.o src/blif.o src/pack.o src/place.o src/util.o src/io.o src/route.o src/chipdb.o src/location.o src/configuration.o src/line_parser.o src/pcf.o src/global.o src/constant.o src/designstate.o src/version_$(VER_HASH).o $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^ $(LIBS)
> These variables are based on git revision.   So I can not hard code them.This is the error that I get.
> /bin/sh: 1: sum: not found

If a Makefile does such _stupid_ things, then better patch it. An
example of patching something like this is

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux/configure-sbindir.patch

which targets configure.ac, but hey, little difference to a Makefile.

Greetz
--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
———————————————
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548

Amtsgericht Ingolstadt - GmbH: HRB 191328 - KG: HRA 170363

@ 2019-12-22 19:27   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2019-12-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Vidal; +Cc: yocto, Josef Holzmayr

Hi Ed

if you are building on target, you need to install glibc-dev package
on your target as well. or perhaps you can build your image for target
with

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " packagegroup-core-buildessential"

added to local.conf

       [not found] <517194692.534617.1576680886678.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-12-18 14:54 ` Ed Vidal
From: Ed Vidal @ 2019-12-18 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr; +Cc: yocto

Hi Josef,
I restored my poky repository.
These are in my arachne-pnr_0.1.bb. DEPENDS = " icestorm busybox coreutils-native"
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "coreutils"
When I try the following,
bitbake -c cleanall arachne-pnr

bitbake -DDD arachne-pnr

Still getting this error.| /bin/sh: 1: sum: not found

Thanks,Regards
Edward Vidal Jr. e-mail develone@sbcglobal.net 915-595-1613

    On Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 6:35:22 AM MST, Josef Holzmayr <holzmayr@rsi-elektrotechnik.de> wrote:

 Howdy!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 01:12:23PM +0000, Edward Vidal wrote:

> Hi Joesf, I did not understand what you meant with "pull".  These are the steps that I did.
> Downloaded the file coreutils_8.31.bb from openemedded to ~/wkg/yocto-zeusSaved the original file poky/meta/recipes-core/coreutils/coreutils_8.31.bb ~/wkg/yocto-zeus/repo120319
> Made the chgs below to rpi4-64/poky/meta/recipes-core/coreutils/coreutils_8.31.bb
> vidal@ws009:~/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0$ diff coreutils_8.31.bb repo120319/coreutils_8.31.bb 52c52<                 sha384sum sha512sum shred shuf sort split sum tac tail tee test timeout \--->                 sha384sum sha512sum shred shuf sort split stdbuf sum tac tail tee test timeout \60,63d59< < PACKAGE_BEFORE_PN_class-target += "coreutils-stdbuf"< FILES_coreutils-stdbuf = "${bindir}/stdbuf ${libdir}/coreutils/libstdbuf.so"< RDEPENDS_coreutils_class-target += "coreutils-stdbuf"
> Tested with DEPENDS = " icestorm busybox " and DEPENDS = " icestorm busybox coreutils"
> Still getting error "/bin/sh: 1: sum: not found" with bitbake -DDD arachne-pnr
> Also tried adding coreutils to inherit line and that failed.
> Let me know if I can provide additional information.
> Thanks for you help.
> Regards

If your recipe needs sum at build time, then it shall have
DEPENDS = "coreutils-native"

If it needs sum at runtime, then it shall have
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "coreutils"

No need to download any recipes from anywhere, coreutils is part of
yocto already.

And please, try to improve the formatting of your mails. It is
incredibly hard to actually read and understand what you do or ask.

Greetz

--
———————————————

@ 2019-12-18 13:35   ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-12-18 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Vidal; +Cc: yocto

--
———————————————

       [not found] <936786833.497095.1576674743120.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-12-18 13:12 ` Ed Vidal
From: Ed Vidal @ 2019-12-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr; +Cc: yocto

@ 2019-12-18  7:00   ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-12-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Vidal; +Cc: yocto

       [not found] <769876899.8739756.1576278635643.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-12-13 23:10 ` Ed Vidal
From: Ed Vidal @ 2019-12-13 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr; +Cc: yocto

Hi Josef,Thanks for your help.
My icestorm recipe still fails trying to include ftdi.h even with in the DEPENDS.has libftdi.  The header file is found libftdi-dev rpm.  When I tried adding it to DEPENDS. I get nothing provides libftdi-dev.
Making progress in the yosys recipe now getting to do_install where the error see below Unable to recognise the format of the input file `/home/vidal/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0/rpi4-64/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+e275692e84-r0/image/usr/local/bin/yosys'    Makefile:567: recipe for target 'install' failed
    getting error in do_compile    bash: tclsh: command not found    Have tried adding to DEPENDS one at time bash    and tclsh.    Have tried adding to inherit one at time bash    and tclsh.        In the Makefile chg line 110    to ae6716b default    ABCREV = ae6716b    ABCREV = default    [100%] Building yosys          Build successful        This is part of do_install        [  5%] ABC: `` Building binary: abc-default    [ 10%] Building yosys-abc    mkdir -p /home/vidal/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0/rpi4-64/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+e275692e84-r0/image/usr/local/bin    cp yosys yosys-config yosys-abc yosys-filterlib yosys-smtbmc /home/vidal/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0/rpi4-64/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+e275692e84-r0/image/usr/local/bin    aarch64-poky-linux-strip -S /home/vidal/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0/rpi4-64/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+e275692e84-r0/image/usr/local/bin/yosys    aarch64-poky-linux-strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `/home/vidal/wkg/yocto-zeus-3.0/rpi4-64/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/yosys/0.1+gitAUTOINC+e275692e84-r0/image/usr/local/bin/yosys'    Makefile:567: recipe for target 'install' failed    make: *** [install] Error 1        +inherit pkgconfig    -       oe_runmake install    +       oe_runmake install 'DESTDIR=${D}'

    On Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:20:48 AM MST, Josef Holzmayr <holzmayr@rsi-elektrotechnik.de> wrote:

 On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 10:20:03PM +0000, Ed Vidal wrote:
> Hi AllAny and all help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
> I want to install 6 software packages needed for FPGA Development.These are icestorm, arachne-pnr, yosys, nextpnr, verilator, and zipcpu.I have created 4 of the recipes (icestorm_0.1.bb, arachne-pnr_0.1.bb, yosys_0.1.bb, and nextpnr_0.1.bb)using the recipetool & bitbake-layers, and I added these to a meta-yosys-tools layer.
> https://github.com/develone/meta-yosys-tools.git
> I can now execute "bitbake icestorm" which is a python and C++ Makefile project.The first time the recipe goes thru the python build and gets an error existing the shell.If I rerun "bitbake icestorm" I get
> | iceprog.c:27:10: fatal error: ftdi.h: No such file or directory|    27 | #include <ftdi.h>|       |          ^~~~~~~~Which is the 2nd C++ program in the Makfile.On the rpi4-64 all that is needed are the following steps to build icestorm git clone https://github.com/cliffordwolf/icestorm.git cd icestorm  make real 33m4.774s user 32m39.073s sys 0m19.247s I first tried using the cross compiler with little sucess.  This is why I trying to generate the recipes to build using bitbake instead. These are the location of the header files, needed to be added to the cross compiler sdkwhich I installed for rpi4 using the following commands. "bitbake meta-toolchain" "bitbake core-image-sato -c populate_sdk_ext" "./poky-glibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-aarch64-raspberrypi4-64-toolchain-3.0.1.sh"
>   /usr/include/libftdi1/ftdi.h/usr/include/pcap/usb.h
> As root make install which install to /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/share.Creates /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/sharels /usr/local/bin/icebox.py icebox_diff icebox_maps  icebram   iceprogicebox_asc2hlc icebox_explain icebox_stat  icemulti  icetimeicebox_chipdb icebox_hlc2asc icebox_vlog  icepack   iceunpackicebox_colbuf icebox_html iceboxdb.py  icepll
> ls /usr/local/share/icebox/chipdb-1k.txt chipdb-lm4k.txt   timings_lp1k.txt   timings_up5k.txtchipdb-384.txt chipdb-u4k.txt   timings_lp384.txtchipdb-5k.txt timings_hx1k.txt  timings_lp8k.txtchipdb-8k.txt timings_hx8k.txt  timings_u4k.txt
> When I executed "bitbake nextpnr", I noticed the boost was built first.  Since then I have added boost to rpi4-core-image-sato which added quite a bit to the image2420113408 without boost and 2839543808 with boost.

This sounds all very much like you just need to sort out your
dependencies. If something needs boost, there should be

DEPENDS = "boost"

in the recipe. If smething needs libftdi, there should be

DEPENDS = "libftdi"

and so on, and so on. Randomly adding things to the image does not solve
those issue, for a simple reason: It guarantees that the thing go into
the image. It does *not* guarantee that they are already around when
some random, other recipe is being built.

So, first and foremost - sort out your dependencies.

There is some introductory information here:
https://youtu.be/IehnEC3GOGU

Greetz

--

@ 2019-12-13  8:20   ` Josef Holzmayr