* [LSF/MM ATTEND] Btrfs subpage-blocksize feature and general filesystem topics
@ 2016-01-31  2:16 Chandan Rajendra
From: Chandan Rajendra @ 2016-01-31  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

I have been a Btrfs contributor for a little more than 2 years. Apart from
contributing some bug fix patches, I have been mostly working on getting
subpage-blocksize feature (i.e. block size < page size) to work well in
Btrfs.

The most recent posts of the corresponding patchset can be found at,
1. Cleanup patchset
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/52394
2. Core patchset
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/52408

Very recently the cleanup patchset associated with the subpage-blocksize
feature has been queued for inclusion in Dave Sterba's for-next branch
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/52678).

I am interested in attending LSF/MM summit to mostly discuss the future
direction of the subpage-blocksize patchset i.e. The core patchset currently
addresses only regular I/O and also some of the features like Defrag and
Extent cloning. The rest of the features like Scrubbing and Compression need
to be fixed to work in subpage-blocksize scenario. I believe a face-to-face
discussion with other Btrfs developers (to address some of the pain points of
the patchset) would accelerate the process of inclusion of the patchset into
the mainline kernel.

I am also interested in other Btrfs or general filesystem topics.

--
chandan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-01-31  2:17 UTC | newest]