* Re: Yocto Jetro / ls1046 : SDK with toolchains for both 32 and 64 bits
@ 2017-03-13  9:18 Zheng, Ruoqin
From: Zheng, Ruoqin @ 2017-03-13  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi ARVIS.
I have used the remotes/origin/Jethro branch to produce Arm SDK and test it.
I didn’t meet the same problem with you, here is my stdout log:
$ . /opt/poky/2.0.3/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-pokymllib32-linux-gnueabi
$ $CC
-bash: arm-pokymllib32-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found

And I can find gcc for arm32 in /opt/poky/2.0.3/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
$ ls
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-addr2line   arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ar          arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gprof
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-as          arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-c++filt     arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-cpp         arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-dwp         arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-nm
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-elfedit     arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-objcopy
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++         arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-objdump
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc         arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ranlib
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc-ar      arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-readelf
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc-nm      arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-size
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc-ranlib  arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-strings
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcov        arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-strip
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcov-tool
$ pwd
/opt/poky/2.0.3/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi

So I think SDK do provide gcc for arm 32bit, but it can’t be found in the SDK environment.

Zheng Ruoqin
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
ADDR.: No.6 Wenzhu Road, Software Avenue,
       Nanjing, 210012, China
MAIL : zhengrq.fnst@cn.fujistu.com

* Re: Yocto Jetro / ls1046 : SDK with toolchains for both 32 and 64 bits
@ 2017-03-16  9:37 ` ARVIS Vincent
From: ARVIS Vincent @ 2017-03-16  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zheng, Ruoqin, yocto

Hi

>    I didn't meet the same problem with you, here is my stdout log:
>    $ . /opt/poky/2.0.3/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-pokymllib32-linux-gnueabi
>    $ $CC
>   -bash: arm-pokymllib32-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
We are on the jetro 2.0.0 and should evolved to the 2.0.3.
If you have the environment file, this confirms that there are corrections around this. But not enough to get a complet 32/64 bits SDK.

>    And I can find gcc for arm32 in /opt/poky/2.0.3/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
>        So I think SDK do provide gcc for arm 32bit, but it can't be found in the SDK environment.Yes me too, but it seems that Yocto does not put it in the SDK for ARM processors.
I read that it works well for X86 targets.
And I heard that it work with Yocto Morty for ARM processors.
Perhaps will need to change of baseline.
Let me know if you find a solution on Yocto Jethro, because we would like to stay and this branch for now.

On my side, I did a lot of tests and patch update without success.

Regards
Vincent ARVIS

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

* Yocto Jetro / ls1046 : SDK with toolchains for both 32 and 64 bits
@ 2017-02-24 14:30 ARVIS Vincent
From: ARVIS Vincent @ 2017-02-24 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: LE-GLOANNEC Cedric

Dear All

I am looking for help around the way to request yocto generating a SDK with toolchains for ARM processor.
These toolchains shall provide the capability to compile executables in 64 bits (aarch64) and 32 bits (armv7a architecture).

For X86, this seems very simple : In the local.conf, adding this is enough :
require conf/multilib.conf
MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "i586"

But for ARM (LS1046 from NXP), it is not as evident : in the local.conf, we add :
require conf/multilib.conf
MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "armv7a"

This correctly add 32 bits libraries both in the image and in the SDK.
But the SDK only provides the gcc for 64 bits, not for 32 bits.
Only 64 bits environment file is provided.

Does someone have some experience on this?

Thanks in advance and best regards

--
Vincent ARVIS