* [U-Boot] SZ_* errors compiling mmc master branch
@ 2016-08-30 16:11 ` Stephen Warren
From: Stephen Warren @ 2016-08-30 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Jaehoon,

When building git://git.denx.de/u-boot-mmc.git master for sandbox, I see
the following error, and many more like it:

@ 2016-08-31  1:02   ` Jaehoon Chung
From: Jaehoon Chung @ 2016-08-31  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Stephen,

On 08/31/2016 01:11 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Jaehoon,
>
> When building git://git.denx.de/u-boot-mmc.git master for sandbox, I see the following error, and many more like it:

Thanks for pointing out. I'm testing the building with buildman.
I knew that there is buildman in u-boot. After checking this, i will do to request pull.
(Actually, i don't know exactly how to use the buildman. So i'm checking this.)

This way is right?

Anyway, i will check this and fix everything until today.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung

@ 2016-08-31 12:52     ` Jaehoon Chung
From: Jaehoon Chung @ 2016-08-31 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Stephen,

On 08/31/2016 10:02 AM, Jaehoon Chung wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On 08/31/2016 01:11 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Jaehoon,
>>
>> When building git://git.denx.de/u-boot-mmc.git master for sandbox, I see the following error, and many more like it:
>
> Thanks for pointing out. I'm testing the building with buildman.
> I knew that there is buildman in u-boot. After checking this, i will do to request pull.
> (Actually, i don't know exactly how to use the buildman. So i'm checking this.)
>
> This way is right?
>
> Anyway, i will check this and fix everything until today.

Thank you! I have checked with buildman..In future, i will do to check with buildman.
It's useful!

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung

@ 2016-08-31 16:01     ` Stephen Warren
From: Stephen Warren @ 2016-08-31 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 08/30/2016 07:02 PM, Jaehoon Chung wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On 08/31/2016 01:11 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Jaehoon,
>>
>> When building git://git.denx.de/u-boot-mmc.git master for sandbox, I see the following error, and many more like it:
>
> Thanks for pointing out. I'm testing the building with buildman.
> I knew that there is buildman in u-boot. After checking this, i will do to request pull.
> (Actually, i don't know exactly how to use the buildman. So i'm checking this.)
>
> This way is right?

I run the following to run buildman:

time SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH=0 ./tools/buildman/buildman -I -P tegra sandbox

The -I and -P options are optional(!) They make the builds faster for me
by using per-board build directories rather than per-thread. Feel free
to use them or skip them.

SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH=0 uses a zero value for the build timestamp so that it
doesn't change every time. This avoids rebuilding and relinking when
nothing has changed. Again, feel free to skip this.

So, the simplest invocation might be:

./tools/buildman/buildman tegra sandbox
# adjusted to whatever set of builds you want to build

BTW, my ~/.buildman configuration file contains:

[toolchain]
distro-packages = /usr/bin
download = /home/swarren/.buildman-toolchains/*/*

[toolchain-alias]
x86: i386 x86_64
blackfin: bfin
nds32: nds32le
openrisc: or1k
sh: sh4

[toolchain-prefix]
arm: arm-linux-gnueabi-
aarch64: aarch64-linux-gnu-

You can probably get away with simpler content; see the buildman README.

(but FWIW I see the same errors that I quoted in the original email
simply by running a regular make sandbox_defconfig; make.)