* [Lustre-devel] New test framework
@ 2012-11-10  3:12 Nathan Rutman
From: Nathan Rutman @ 2012-11-10  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lustre-devel

For awhile now I've believed that the current built-in Lustre tests have a number of problems and limitations that are limiting their usefulness in finding Lustre bugs or providing a good proxy for Lustre quality.  We started this initially with a discussion on TWG, further refined some ideas for our LAD presentation, and have now finally articulated them in a semi-coherent manner here:
http://goo.gl/mCtwU

Chris Gearing at Intel is also heavily interested in this, and has started turning some of these thoughts into an actual spec, but before I integrate those I'd like to get a little feedback from the community on the high-level concepts.  I'd also like to hear back from others that are interested in the topic (and hopefully willing to work on it) so we can put together a special-interest list for discussion.

I've given everyone comment rights and Chris and Roman edit rights for this doc - if anyone else wants to be an editor, let me know.