* Issue in man page time_namespaces.7
@ 2022-12-04  9:07 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-12-04  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alx.manpages; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:    options → option

"Above, we started the B<bash>(1)  shell with the B<--norc> options so that "
"no start-up scripts were executed.  This ensures that no child processes are "
"created from the shell before we have a chance to update the "
"I<timens_offsets> file."

* Re: Issue in man page time_namespaces.7
@ 2022-12-04 20:04 ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2022-12-04 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

On 12/4/22 10:07, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Without further ado, the following was found:
>
> Issue:    options → option
>
> "Above, we started the B<bash>(1)  shell with the B<--norc> options so that"
> "no start-up scripts were executed.  This ensures that no child processes are"
> "created from the shell before we have a chance to update the"
> "I<timens_offsets> file."

Fixed.  Thanks.

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>

* Re: Issue in man page time_namespaces.7
@ 2023-03-11 23:20 ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2023-03-11 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Hi Helge,

On 3/11/23 18:13, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Without further ado, the following was found:
>
> Issue:    /proc/PID/timens_offsets → /proc/[pid]/timens_offsets?
>
> "Associated with each time namespace are offsets, expressed with respect to "
> "the initial time namespace, that define the values of the monotonic and boot-"
> "time clocks in that namespace.  These offsets are exposed via the file I</"
> "proc/PID/timens_offsets>.  Within this file, the offsets are expressed as "
> "lines consisting of three space-delimited fields:"

Fixed, but in a different direction:
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git/commit/?id=b1b42a5dbcaeb973f4c0a5e74fc01b24955ea6ba>

Variable stuff should go in italics, except when the surrounding text
is already in italics, in which case it goes in roman.

Cheers,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5

* Issue in man page time_namespaces.7
@ 2023-03-11 17:13 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2023-03-11 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alx.manpages; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

@ 2022-12-04 20:08   ` Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-12-04 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Colomar; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Hello Alejandro,
On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 09:03:00PM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> On 12/4/22 10:07, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > Without further ado, the following was found:
> >
> > Issue:    /proc/PID/timens_offsets → /proc/[pid]/timens_offsets?
> >
> > "/proc/PID/timens_offsets"
> >
> > "Associated with each time namespace are offsets, expressed with respect to"
> > "the initial time namespace, that define the values of the monotonic and boot-"
> > "time clocks in that namespace.  These offsets are exposed via the file I</"
> > "proc/PID/timens_offsets>.  Within this file, the offsets are expressed as"
> > "lines consisting of three space-delimited fields:"
>
> I want to fix this inconsistency in all of the pages, as I did with 'kernel
> x.y' -> 'Linux x.y'.  However, that's going to take a lot of time, so I'll
> defer this for the future.  I'll decide if I put this before the freeze or
> not depending on how much time I have.
>
> Please ping me in some time if I haven't fixed it.  Thanks!

I don't think it is urgent. So make the "easy" ones first.

Thanks for taking care!

Greetings

        Helge

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Issue in man page time_namespaces.7
@ 2022-12-04 20:03 ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2022-12-04 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Hi Helge,