* scc1 serial
@ 2003-08-20 21:37 Lokesh Kumar
From: Lokesh Kumar @ 2003-08-20 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Hi Everybody,
I have 855T based board, and have 2.4.18 kernel on it. The console is on
SMC1. I want to configure SCC1 as serial as well. To do that, I took uart.c
file from denx eldk, and the Config.in as well. My question -

is that it, or do I need to change any more files, before I configure SCC1
and UART?

Lokesh Kumar
Wireless Matrix USA Inc.
703-262-4032

* RE: scc1 serial
@ 2003-08-22  4:41 ` John Zhou
From: John Zhou @ 2003-08-22  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Lokesh Kumar', linuxppc-embedded

You should read the file uart.c (\arch\ppc\8xx_io\uart.c), and give you some modification.

luck to you.

@ 2003-08-21 13:27 Eli Brin
From: Eli Brin @ 2003-08-21 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Lokesh Kumar'; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Hi Lokesh,

That's all (TQM860L and FADS860T).  But it really depends on your board.

For example: If you have RS232 voltage converter like MAX232 that needs to
be enabled (see: SMC2 on the FADS860) then you need to do extra work.

Configure SCC1 as a UART in the kernel and look at the boot process.  You
will see the ttySx lines appear and you will know...

Best regards,
Eli Brin