* [Qemu-devel] feature request
@ 2004-05-14 14:50 Eric van Riet Paap
From: Eric van Riet Paap @ 2004-05-14 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello oh great qemu developers,

It would be great if we would have the following two features:

1. when restarting an emulated OS, qemu does the same as when shuting down
the OS. When installing an OS in qemu I there have to restart the program
several times. Can this be changed?

2. When not compiled with --enable-slirp , qemu does not warn when I
supply it with -user-net at startup, can it give a warning here? (also:
when tun is not installed and qemu will fallback to user-net which might
not be available.)

keep up te the good work (please)

- Eric

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Feature request
@ 2010-09-17  8:14     ` Frans de Boer
From: Frans de Boer @ 2010-09-17  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: qemu-devel

On 09/17/2010 09:47 AM, Stefan Weil wrote:
> Am 17.09.2010 09:15, schrieb Stefan Weil:
>> Am 16.09.2010 23:56, schrieb Frans de Boer:
>>> Dear Reader,
>>>
>>> When I switch with SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-2 to the monitor mode, the resolution
>>> of the used window goes back to 640*480. There a lot of command
>>> available and typing help lists then all. in one long list without
>>> pause
>>> to examine the commands. Is there a way to have a help listing per
>>> screen instead of one long list. It's a rather limited way to display
>>> the long help list, but now I need the manual next to it which
>>> manual is
>>> always out of place somewhere but not nearby when and if I need it.
>>>
>>> Hope to hear from one of you,
>>> Regards,
>>> Frans.
>>

>> * You can scroll back (using key ctrl + page up).
>> * You can change the source code (vl.c, function call monitor_parse)
>> * You can set a larger size for the monitor window using command
>>   line options (this worked once, but I could not get it working now).
>>   qemu -serial mon:vc:160Cx48C should double the monitor window size.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stefan
>>

> This command line creates a large monitor window (160 columns x 48
> lines):
>
>     qemu -monitor vc:160Cx48C
>
> You can also specify the window size in pixels:
>
>     qemu -monitor vc:1280x960 (or any size which your monitor can
> display)
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Thanks, that is working. I could not digest that form the papers I have
read. Maybe I was not looking hard enough.

Regards,
Frans.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Feature request
@ 2010-09-17  7:47   ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2010-09-17  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frans de Boer; +Cc: qemu-devel

@ 2010-09-17  7:15 ` Stefan Weil
From: Stefan Weil @ 2010-09-17  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frans de Boer; +Cc: qemu-devel

Am 16.09.2010 23:56, schrieb Frans de Boer:
> Dear Reader,
>
> When I switch with SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-2 to the monitor mode, the resolution
> of the used window goes back to 640*480. There a lot of command
> available and typing help lists then all. in one long list without pause
> to examine the commands. Is there a way to have a help listing per
> screen instead of one long list. It's a rather limited way to display
> the long help list, but now I need the manual next to it which manual is
> always out of place somewhere but not nearby when and if I need it.
>
> Hope to hear from one of you,
> Regards,
> Frans.

* You can scroll back (using key ctrl + page up).
* You can change the source code (vl.c, function call monitor_parse)
* You can set a larger size for the monitor window using command
   line options (this worked once, but I could not get it working now).
   qemu -serial mon:vc:160Cx48C should double the monitor window size.

Regards,
Stefan

* [Qemu-devel] Feature request
@ 2010-09-16 21:56 Frans de Boer