* PROBLEM: boot takes more time with hp_accel driver
@ 2014-03-03 21:32 Valerio Passini
From: Valerio Passini @ 2014-03-03 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: platform-driver-x86

Hello,

I have met this problem a long ago (about at 3.8 kernel release) and never had
the time to dig it. The problem is that at boot time the system seems to hang
for a while (ranging from 20 to 50 seconds) and then it completes the boot
process.
bootchart2 points out that udev was taking a lot of time at boot
during the loading of hp_accel. Putting this driver and lis3lv02d from which
it depends into a blacklist turns the boot process back to normal (around 40
seconds). I don't need so much this driver, since I don't move around my
laptop while it's on, but I would like to help improving it because a fast
boot time is considered to be important for a good user experience. What do
you to solve this rather small problem? Bye

Valerio

If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux Asterix 3.13.5 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 24 15:56:00 CET 2014 x86_64
GNU/Linux

Gnu C                  4.8
Gnu make               3.81
binutils               2.24
util-linux             2.20.1
mount                  support
module-init-tools      16
e2fsprogs              1.42.9
jfsutils               1.1.15
reiserfsprogs          3.6.24
xfsprogs               3.1.9
pcmciautils            018
PPP                    2.4.5
Linux C Library        2.18
Dynamic linker (ldd)   2.18
Procps                 3.3.9
Net-tools              1.60
Kbd                    [opzione...]
Console-tools          0.2.3
Sh-utils               8.21
wireless-tools         30
Modules Loaded         hp_accel lis3lv02d input_polldev ctr ccm promethean
ip6table_filter ip6_tables iptable_filter ip_tables x_tables rfcomm bnep
bluetooth cpufreq_userspace cpufreq_stats cpufreq_powersave
cpufreq_conservative pci_stub vboxpci vboxnetadp vboxnetflt vboxdrv binfmt_misc
uinput nfsd auth_rpcgss oid_registry nfs_acl nfs lockd fscache sunrpc ext3 jbd
fuse loop parport_pc ppdev lp parport snd_hda_codec_hdmi snd_hda_codec_idt
fglrx x86_pkg_temp_thermal coretemp uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc
videobuf2_memops videobuf2_core videodev media kvm_intel kvm snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm_oss i915 snd_mixer_oss joydev
ghash_clmulni_intel snd_pcm snd_page_alloc radeon snd_seq_midi arc4
snd_seq_midi_event aesni_intel intel_agp fbcon snd_rawmidi brcmsmac cordic
brcmutil snd_seq ttm mac80211 aes_x86_64 bitblit fbcon_rotate fbcon_ccw
fbcon_ud fbcon_cw softcursor font intel_gtt hp_wmi drm_kms_helper drm
snd_timer snd_seq_device snd psmouse sparse_keymap cfg80211 rfkill iTCO_wdt
evdev iTCO_vendor_support microcode serio_raw i2c_i801 pcspkr battery
rtsx_pci_ms wmi bcma i2c_algo_bit mei_me memstick processor ac button video
lpc_ich soundcore ext4 crc16 jbd2 mbcache hid_generic usbhid hid sg sd_mod
sr_mod crc_t10dif cdrom crct10dif_common rtsx_pci_sdmmc mmc_core rtsx_pci
mfd_core r8169 mii ahci libahci ehci_pci ehci_hcd usbcore usb_common thermal
thermal_sys

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-03-03 21:32 UTC | newest]