From: Jeffrey Hugo <jhugo@codeaurora.org>
To: Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla@arm.com>
Cc: Atish Patra <atish.patra@wdc.com>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, mark.rutland@arm.com,
	devicetree@vger.kernel.org, Damien.LeMoal@wdc.com,
	juri.lelli@arm.com, anup@brainfault.org, palmer@sifive.com,
	jeremy.linton@arm.com, robh+dt@kernel.org, mick@ics.forth.gr,
	linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org,
	linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/3] Unify CPU topology across ARM64 & RISC-V
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:28:18 -0700	[thread overview]

On 11/20/2018 4:11 AM, Sudeep Holla wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Jeffrey Hugo wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> I was interested in testing these on QDF2400, an ARM64 platform, since this
>> series touches core ARM64 code and I'd hate to see a regression. However, I
>> can't figure out what baseline to use to apply these. Different patches
>> cause different conflicts of a variety of baselines I attempted.
>>

> Good to know that we can test DT configuration on QDF2400. I always assumed
> it's ACPI only.

It is ACPI only in the production configuration.  I suppose we could
hack things up to do basic DT sanity, but I expect it would be nasty and
non-trivial.

>> What are these intended to apply to?
>>

> The series alone may not get the package/socket ids correct on QDF2400.
> I have not yet added support for the same as I wanted to get the initial
> feedback on DT bindings. The movement of DT binding and corresponding
> code should not regress and you should be able to validate only that
> part.

On a cursory glance, it looks like some of the reorganized code would
also be used in the ACPI path (things that are common between DT and
ACPI).  I do not expect problems, but I still feel its prudent to do a
sanity check on actual hardware.

--
Jeffrey Hugo
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies as an affiliate of Qualcomm

From: jhugo@codeaurora.org (Jeffrey Hugo)
To: linux-riscv@lists.infradead.org
Subject: [RFC 0/3] Unify CPU topology across ARM64 & RISC-V
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 08:28:18 -0700	[thread overview]