* [LTP] [RFC] proc01 : add flag to read /proc/irq ; skip by default
@ 2009-11-12 11:19 Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2009-11-12 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LTP list

Hi all,
    To provide some background, my group is working on several
evaluation boards and one of the boards we have unfortunately has
issues with its usb driver, where the proc01 testcase gets stuck
trying to poll the /proc/irq file with the corresponding device.
    I was wondering whether or not this could be removed by default,
and /proc/irq reading could be enabled by a -i option (say, in the
crashme test suite) to ensure that systems with faulty hardware /
drivers don't hang indefinitely and this testcase can still be run on
those platforms.
Thanks!
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] [RFC] proc01 : add flag to read /proc/irq ; skip by default
@ 2009-11-12 11:46 ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-11-12 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garrett Cooper; +Cc: LTP list

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 03:19 -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Hi all,
>     To provide some background, my group is working on several
> evaluation boards and one of the boards we have unfortunately has
> issues with its usb driver, where the proc01 testcase gets stuck
> trying to poll the /proc/irq file with the corresponding device.
>     I was wondering whether or not this could be removed by default,
> and /proc/irq reading could be enabled by a -i option (say, in the
> crashme test suite) to ensure that systems with faulty hardware /
> drivers don't hang indefinitely and this testcase can still be run on

Run without hanging.

Regards--
Subrata