* [LTP] Version file from Feb LTP release still contains 20100131
@ 2010-03-03 10:38 Sachin Sant
From: Sachin Sant @ 2010-03-03 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Not a major issue, but noticed something with latest LTP tarball
from Feb.

The Version file still contains 20100131.

:/home/sachin/work # cat ltp-full-20100228/Version
LTP-20100131
:/home/sachin/work #

Should this be 20100228 ?

Thanks
-Sachin

--

---------------------------------
Sachin Sant

* Re: [LTP] Version file from Feb LTP release still contains 20100131
@ 2010-03-03 10:50 ` Rishikesh K Rajak
From: Rishikesh K Rajak @ 2010-03-03 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Sant; +Cc: ltp-list

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:08:00PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
> Not a major issue, but noticed something with latest LTP tarball
> from Feb.

Actually the script design is like that, it will update the version file
once you compiled and build, reading from Changelog.

Can you confirm if you are not having Changelog starting from :
LTP-20100228 .

Mostly it will not be there as you would have extracted next branch. But
it will be always available with master branch.

Thanks
Rishi

--
Thanks & Regards
Rishi

* Re: [LTP] Version file from Feb LTP release still contains 20100131
@ 2010-03-03 11:58   ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-03-03 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Sant, ltp-list, yanegomi

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Rishikesh K Rajak
<risrajak@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:08:00PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
>> Not a major issue, but noticed something with latest LTP tarball
>> from Feb.
>
> Actually the script design is like that, it will update the version file
> once you compiled and build, reading from Changelog.
>
> Can you confirm if you are not having Changelog starting from :
> LTP-20100228 .
>
> Mostly it will not be there as you would have extracted next branch. But
> it will be always available with master branch.
>
> Thanks
> Rishi
>>
>> The Version file still contains 20100131.
>>
>> :/home/sachin/work # cat ltp-full-20100228/Version LTP-20100131
>> :/home/sachin/work #
>>
>> Should this be 20100228 ?

Uh, ChangeLog wasn't updated for last month's commits like Subrata
normally does...
HTH,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] Version file from Feb LTP release still contains 20100131
@ 2010-03-03 13:57     ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-03-03 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sachin Sant, ltp-list, yanegomi

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:50 AM, Rishikesh K Rajak
> <risrajak@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:08:00PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
>>> Not a major issue, but noticed something with latest LTP tarball
>>> from Feb.
>>
>> Actually the script design is like that, it will update the version file
>> once you compiled and build, reading from Changelog.
>>
>> Can you confirm if you are not having Changelog starting from :
>> LTP-20100228 .
>>
>> Mostly it will not be there as you would have extracted next branch. But
>> it will be always available with master branch.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rishi
>>>
>>> The Version file still contains 20100131.
>>>
>>> :/home/sachin/work # cat ltp-full-20100228/Version LTP-20100131
>>> :/home/sachin/work #
>>>
>>> Should this be 20100228 ?
>
> Uh, ChangeLog wasn't updated for last month's commits like Subrata
> normally does...

It was -- I was looking at the wrong branch.

Rishi,
    Could you please look at scripts/git2changelog.sh for next month?
Thanks,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] Version file from Feb LTP release still contains 20100131
@ 2010-03-03 15:20   ` Sachin Sant
From: Sachin Sant @ 2010-03-03 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list

Rishikesh K Rajak wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:08:00PM +0530, Sachin Sant wrote:
>
>> Not a major issue, but noticed something with latest LTP tarball
>> from Feb.
>>

> Actually the script design is like that, it will update the version file
> once you compiled and build, reading from Changelog.
>
> Can you confirm if you are not having Changelog starting from :
> LTP-20100228 .
>
> Mostly it will not be there as you would have extracted next branch. But
> it will be always available with master branch.

Ah thanks for the explanation. I took a fresh copy of Feb LTP and the version
did show 20100228.

Thanks
-Sachin

--