* [lm-sensors] install problem
@ 2007-02-05 16:56 Nick Upson
From: Nick Upson @ 2007-02-05 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Hi,

I get "Can't access procfs/sysfs file" upon running sensors. I'm using
fedora core 5 which is a 2.6.16 core. sensors-detect seems to work ok
and produces output that I have used for the modprobe commands below.
I read every reference I could find but none seem to apply/fix the
issue. I've used both the tar.gz and rpm with the same effect, both
2.10.2

#----cut here----
# I2C module options
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
#----cut here----

To load everything that is needed, add this to some /etc/rc* file:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-sis96x
modprobe i2c-isa
# Chip drivers
modprobe eeprom
modprobe w83627hf
# sleep 2 # optional
/usr/local/bin/sensors -s # recommended
#----cut here----

* [lm-sensors] install problem
@ 2007-02-05 18:08 ` Nick Upson
From: Nick Upson @ 2007-02-05 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

I should have mentioned that I've already tried moving /sys to /sysfs
with no effect either.

On 05/02/07, Nick Upson <nick.upson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get "Can't access procfs/sysfs file" upon running sensors. I'm using
> fedora core 5 which is a 2.6.16 core. sensors-detect seems to work ok
> and produces output that I have used for the modprobe commands below.
> I read every reference I could find but none seem to apply/fix the
> issue. I've used both the tar.gz and rpm with the same effect, both
> 2.10.2
>
> #----cut here----
> # I2C module options
> alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
> #----cut here----
>
> To load everything that is needed, add this to some /etc/rc* file:
>
> #----cut here----
> # I2C adapter drivers
> modprobe i2c-sis96x
> modprobe i2c-isa
> # Chip drivers
> modprobe eeprom
> modprobe w83627hf
> # sleep 2 # optional
> /usr/local/bin/sensors -s # recommended
> #----cut here----

* [lm-sensors] install problem
@ 2007-02-06 13:28 ` Nick Upson
From: Nick Upson @ 2007-02-06 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

In case someone else needs this in the future, the solution is that
fedora core 5 does not appear to work with version 2.10 even if I
upgrade sysfs as well. However, installing lm_sensors-2.9.2-1 does
appear to work, at least it produces output.