* Power button behavior
@ 2016-08-15 14:12 Adriana Kobylak
From: Adriana Kobylak @ 2016-08-15 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello community,

The current openBMC behavior for the power buttion is:
Short press triggers a hard power off, long press reboots the host (power off->power on).

The default behavior for P8 OpenPower systems / x86 is:
Short press triggers a soft power off, long press triggers a hard power off.

The proposal is to change the openBMC behavior to the default P8/x86 one for master and the stable branch supported on Barreleye, any thoughts or objections?

* Re: Power button behavior
@ 2016-08-15 16:00 ` Chris Austen
From: Chris Austen @ 2016-08-15 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriana Kobylak; +Cc: openbmc

Following the industry norm of "Short press triggers a soft power off, long press triggers a hard power off" makes sense to me.
I vote for Master
Will need to get an opinion from the users of Stable in their product change there

Chris Austen
POWER Systems Enablement Manager
(512) 286-5184 (T/L: 363-5184)

@ 2016-08-15 16:22   ` Patrick Williams