* RE: acpi_serialize not working?
@ 2004-09-09 22:55 Moore, Robert
       [not found] ` <37F890616C995246BE76B3E6B2DBE05501F537BE-sBd4vmA9Se5Qxe9IK+vIArfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Moore, Robert @ 2004-09-09 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Dieling, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The implementation of the forced serialization is straightforward:

    if (AcpiGbl_AllMethodsSerialized)
    {
        ObjDesc->Method.Concurrency = 1;
        ObjDesc->Method.MethodFlags |= AML_METHOD_SERIALIZED;
    }

I would be interested in more information on the failure.

@ 2004-09-10 12:54   ` Andreas Dieling
From: Andreas Dieling @ 2004-09-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Friday 10 September 2004 00:55, Moore, Robert wrote:
> The implementation of the forced serialization is straightforward:
>
>     if (AcpiGbl_AllMethodsSerialized)
>     {
>         ObjDesc->Method.Concurrency = 1;
>         ObjDesc->Method.MethodFlags |= AML_METHOD_SERIALIZED;
>     }
>
> I would be interested in more information on the failure.

I put some debug output into the code when "acpi_gbl_all_methods_serialized"
is altered, an it seems that first the kernel parameters are parsed and
acpi_gbl_all_methods_serialized is correctly set to TRUE but after that the
global acpi variables are initialized and acpi_gbl_all_methods_serialized is
set back to FALSE...

http://www.tzi.de/~adieling/dmesg.out

* Re: acpi_serialize not working?
       [not found] ` <37F890616C995246BE76B3E6B2DBE05501F53DCF-sBd4vmA9Se5Qxe9IK+vIArfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-09-10 18:12   ` Andreas Dieling
From: Andreas Dieling @ 2004-09-10 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Friday 10 September 2004 19:48, Moore, Robert wrote:
> This was fixed, see below:
>
> 02 April 2004.  Summary of changes for version 20040402:
>
> Moved the runtime configuration parameters from the global init
> procedure to static variables in acglobal.h.  This will allow the host
> to override the default values easily.

cool thx,
have tested 2.6.9-rc1 and indeed acpi_serialize is working now :-)

* RE: acpi_serialize not working?
@ 2004-09-10 17:48 Moore, Robert
       [not found] ` <37F890616C995246BE76B3E6B2DBE05501F53DCF-sBd4vmA9Se5Qxe9IK+vIArfspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Moore, Robert @ 2004-09-10 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Dieling, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found] ` <200409091515.18129.snow-1pFVYSAoaJAREI5ypv3d1g@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-09-09 14:39   ` Karol Kozimor
From: Karol Kozimor @ 2004-09-09 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Dieling; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Thus wrote Andreas Dieling:
> i have an Asus M6N notebook. Me and other M6N users have the problem that the
> fan sometimes stops working which results in an overheating of the system.
> The problem occurs under Linux and under Windows.

Please make sure you report that to ASUS, it's a BIOS bug and it should be
fixed by a BIOS update.
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor