* Questions about openbmc-test-automation
@ 2019-11-05  8:58 Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2019-11-05  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Maheshwari; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Rahul,

I'm wondering that why "REDFISH_NW_ETH0" is hardcode as "Managers/bmc/EthernetInterfaces/eth0/" in /data/variables.py
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/blob/master/data/variables.py#L155
Furthermore, the command "lan print" didn't specify the channel number in /ipmi/test_ipmi_network.robot.
Therefore, the default will print information on the first found LAN channel.

Isn't it more reasonable to set the interface and the channel number as environment variables and give them default values?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Tony

* Re: Questions about openbmc-test-automation
@ 2019-11-05 10:50 ` Rahul Maheshwari
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2019-11-05 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: openbmc

Thanks for pointing that out. Passing interface/channel number is an easier
option but we should be avoiding passing environment variable unless there
is no other way. I would say better way to overcome this is to figure out
the channel count using "ip addr" command from BMC cli.
Let us know if that sounds good to you.
Also let us know if you would like to drop code change for the same?

Thanks
Rahul

@ 2019-11-06  5:52   ` Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2019-11-06  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Maheshwari; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Rahul,

For example, case "Retrieve IP Address Via IPMI And Verify Using Redfish" in /ipmi/test_ipmi_network.robot.
The new way is as follows:

IPMI network channel logically starts from 1. For example, once it figure out the channel count is 3,
we can retrieve IP addresses through channels 1, 2, and 3, and verify them correspond to eth0, eth1, and eth2, respectively by redfish.
Is it right?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Tony

@ 2019-11-06  7:12     ` Rahul Maheshwari
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2019-11-06  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: openbmc

Yes, that is correct way.

@ 2019-11-07  1:37       ` Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2019-11-07  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Maheshwari; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Rahul,

It sounds good to me and I would like to drop code change.

@ 2019-11-07 11:28         ` Rahul Maheshwari
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2019-11-07 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: openbmc