* what exactly is of_node_reused fiel for ?
@ 2021-02-19 10:45 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
From: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult @ 2021-02-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree

Hello folks,

I wonder what's the of_node_reused field is actually for.
I've seen that some devices seem to use the same device_node than
another one (eg. some devices seem to reuse the node of their
parent), and in that case the flag is set.

The only place (I've found so far) where it's used is in
pinctrl_bind_pins() - it breaks out when this flag is set.

Still wondering what's the actual meaning behind this - is that for
preventing doing the pinctrl setup twice ?

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-19 10:47 UTC | newest]