* How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-02-24 12:50 winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-02-24 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded core, Yocto layer; +Cc: yocto texas

I can build yocto image for arm based product like AM437x-evm using yocto project. I want to add third party software(Navit) to my image.

How can I add the third party software to my image ?. Can you provide me the steps to integrate third party software with yocto image ?

Note: Navit is a navigation software and it supports arm based product like AM437x.

Host system: Ubuntu 14.04
Target system : AM437x-evm

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Ph :91-80-28375290 / 28375295
Fax :91-80-28375291

* Re: How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-02-24 14:11 ` Maxin B. John
From: Maxin B. John @ 2016-02-24 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, OpenEmbedded core

Hi Winiston,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 06:20:14PM +0530, winiston@futuraautomation.com wrote:

> --
>Hi,
>
> I can build yocto image for arm based product like AM437x-evm using yocto project. I want to add third party software(Navit) to my image.
>
> How can I add the third party software to my image ?. Can you provide me the steps to integrate third party software with yocto image ?

Please read this documentation:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.2/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-addpkg

>   Note: Navit is a navigation software and it supports arm based product like AM437x.

In the case of Navit, recipe is already available in meta-oe layer:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-navigation/navit/navit_svn.bb?h=master

>    Host system: Ubuntu 14.04
>    Target system : AM437x-evm
>

>      Regards,
>      Winiston.P
>      Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Best Regards,
Maxin

* Re: How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-02-25 12:51     ` winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-02-25 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxin B. John; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, OpenEmbedded core

Hi Maxin,

I copied "recipes-navigation" folder from meta-oe (Open embedded build tree)
to "/poky/meta " . Then I have added the below line in  "/conf/local.conf"
as given below.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " navit_svn"

Then I used bitbake to build the image. It spits out the following errors,

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |########################| Time: 00:01:35
Parsing of 1073 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1073 parsed). 1509 targets,
143 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'navit_svn' (but
/home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/images/qt4e-demo-image.bb RDEPENDS on or
otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'navit_svn' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit_svn']
ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image',
'navit_svn']

What could be the problem? Where I have done the mistake ?

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Ph :91-80-28375290 / 28375295
> I can build yocto image for arm based product like AM437x-evm using yocto
> project. I want to add third party software(Navit) to my image.
>
> How can I add the third party software to my image ?. Can you provide me
> the steps to integrate third party software with yocto image ?

Please read this documentation:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.2/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-addpkg

>   Note: Navit is a navigation software and it supports arm based product
> like AM437x.

In the case of Navit, recipe is already available in meta-oe layer:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-navigation/navit/navit_svn.bb?h=master

>    Host system: Ubuntu 14.04
>    Target system : AM437x-evm
>

>      Regards,
>      Winiston.P
>      Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Best Regards,
Maxin

* Re: [OE-core] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-02-25 12:51     ` winiston

> I can build yocto image for arm based product like AM437x-evm using yocto
> project. I want to add third party software(Navit) to my image.
>
> How can I add the third party software to my image ?. Can you provide me
> the steps to integrate third party software with yocto image ?

Please read this documentation:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.2/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-addpkg

>   Note: Navit is a navigation software and it supports arm based product
> like AM437x.

In the case of Navit, recipe is already available in meta-oe layer:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-navigation/navit/navit_svn.bb?h=master

>    Host system: Ubuntu 14.04
>    Target system : AM437x-evm
>

>      Regards,
>      Winiston.P
>      Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Best Regards,
Maxin

* Re: How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
  (?)
@ 2016-02-25 12:52     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-02-25 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, OpenEmbedded core

On 25 February 2016 at 12:51, <winiston@futuraautomation.com> wrote:

> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " navit_svn"

The recipe is called navit, _svn is the version.  Just append " navit".

Ross

* Re: How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-02-26  5:44         ` winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-02-26  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, OpenEmbedded core

Hi Ross,

I copied "recipes-navigation" folder from meta-oe (Open embedded build tree) to "/poky/meta "

I have appended  in “conf/local.conf”  as given below

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " navit"

While creating the image, it spits out the following error,

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Loaded 1510 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'navit' (but /home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/images/qt4e-demo-image.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: navit was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: bluez5 conflicts with bluez4 and bluez5 is selected in DISTRO_FEATURES
NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit']
ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image', 'navit']

Should I make any other setting to add the “navit” recipe to my image?  Is this the correct method of copying  "recipes-navigation" folder  to "/poky/meta "  ?
Kindly help me to resolve this error.

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

@ 2016-02-26  9:33           ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2016-02-26  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, yocto texas, Yocto layer

Hi,

Please, don't top post.

* winiston@futuraautomation.com <winiston@futuraautomation.com> [160226 06:41]:
> I copied "recipes-navigation" folder from meta-oe (Open embedded build tree) to "/poky/meta "

> I have appended  in “conf/local.conf”  as given below

> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " navit"

> While creating the image, it spits out the following error,

> winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
> Loaded 1510 entries from dependency cache.
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'navit' (but /home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/images/qt4e-demo-image.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> ERROR: navit was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: bluez5 conflicts with bluez4 and bluez5 is selected in DISTRO_FEATURES

This is the error. You have bluez5 in your DITRO_FEATURES, and I assume
that navit requires bluez4? Anywya, it's blacklisted.

> NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit']
> ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image', 'navit']

> Should I make any other setting to add the “navit” recipe to my image?
> Is this the correct method of copying  "recipes-navigation" folder  to
> "/poky/meta "  ?

Well, it works. If you don't mind the rest of meta-oe, I'd rather add
that layer to conf/bblayers.conf. That would make it easier to get
updates to e.g. navit.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB

From: Anders Darander @ 2016-02-26  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core, yocto texas, Yocto layer

@ 2016-03-02  8:52             ` winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-03-02  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Darander, openembedded-core, yocto texas, Yocto layer

Hi,

I am new to this community.What does mean top post? Please see my
bblayers.conf file content.

# LAYER_CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/bblayers.conf
# changes incompatibly
LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?= ""

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-yocto \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-ti \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-oe \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-multimedia \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-qt5 \
  "
BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta \
  /home/winiston/poky/meta-yocto \
  "
#added by hob
BBFILES += "${TOPDIR}/recipes/images/custom/*.bb"
#added by hob
BBFILES += "${TOPDIR}/recipes/images/*.bb"

I have copied  meta-oe , meta-multimedia and meta-qt5 from meta-openembedded
to  /home/winiston/poky.

It spits out the same error. Log output as given below.

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake core-image-base
Parsing recipes: 100% |########################| Time: 19:17:59
Parsing of 1760 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1760 parsed). 2285 targets,
196 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'navit' (but
/home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb RDEPENDS on
or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: navit was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: bluez5 conflicts with
bluez4 and bluez5 is selected in DISTRO_FEATURES
NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-base' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-base', 'navit']

1. What could be the problem? Since I could not proceed my project, Kindly
help me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

Ph :91-80-28375290 / 28375295
> [...]

> NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit']
> ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image', 'navit']

> code.
> winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$

> Should I make any other setting to add the “navit” recipe to my image?
> Is this the correct method of copying  "recipes-navigation" folder  to
> "/poky/meta "  ?

Well, it works. If you don't mind the rest of meta-oe, I'd rather add
that layer to conf/bblayers.conf. That would make it easier to get
updates to e.g. navit.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect

* Re: [linux-yocto] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
  (?)
@ 2016-03-03 13:37             ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-03-03 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Anders Darander, Yocto layer, OE-core

On 2 March 2016 at 08:52, <winiston@futuraautomation.com> wrote:

> ERROR: navit was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: bluez5 conflicts with
> bluez4 and bluez5 is selected in DISTRO_FEATURES

Your distro is using bluez5 but navit is using the
old/deprecated/unmaintained bluez4.

Ideally you create a new distro and change this, but for testing this in
your local.conf should be sufficient:

DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "bluez5"

This will stop your distro from wanting to use bluez5 and will fall back to
bluez4, at which point navit will build.

Ross

* Re: [linux-yocto] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-03-04  4:23                 ` winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-03-04  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto texas, Anders Darander, Yocto layer, OE-core

Dear Ross,

Backlist problem got solved by adding the lines which you mentioned in the previous mail. Now it gives the following error while building the image.

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |########################| Time: 00:02:24
Parsing of 1125 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1125 parsed). 1569 targets, 139 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gd' (but /home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/navit/navit_svn.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
  gdb
NOTE: Runtime target 'navit' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['navit', 'gd']
ERROR: Required build target 'qt4e-demo-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qt4e-demo-image', 'navit', 'gd']

I would be very thankful if you tell me the procedure to add “Navit” in the yocto build. My aim is to integrate “navit” in my image.

Thanking you...

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

  ERROR: navit was skipped: Recipe is blacklisted: bluez5 conflicts with bluez4 and bluez5 is selected in DISTRO_FEATURES

Your distro is using bluez5 but navit is using the old/deprecated/unmaintained bluez4.

Ideally you create a new distro and change this, but for testing this in your local.conf should be sufficient:

DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "bluez5"

This will stop your distro from wanting to use bluez5 and will fall back to bluez4, at which point navit will build.

Ross

* Re: [linux-yocto] [OE-core] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-03-04  4:23                 ` winiston

@ 2016-03-04  8:55                 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-03-04  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Anders Darander, Yocto layer, OE-core

On 4 March 2016 at 04:23, <winiston@futuraautomation.com> wrote:

> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gd' (but
> /home/winiston/poky/meta/recipes-qt/navit/navit_svn.bb DEPENDS on or
> otherwise requires it). Close matches:

gd is part of meta-oe.  Instead of copying a few files and assuming that
you know what you're doing, add the entire layer to BBLAYERS.

Ross

* Re: [linux-yocto] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-03-05  5:49                     ` winiston
From: winiston @ 2016-03-05  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto texas, Anders Darander, Yocto layer, OE-core

Dear Ross,

Thanks for your valuable time...As you said, I added “meta-oe” layer in  “bblayers.conf” . Now that Error got disappeared. Now it spits out the following error..

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Loaded 2176 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: ParseError at /home/winiston/poky/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/networkmanager/networkmanager_1.0.10.bb:12: Could not inherit file classes/bash-completion.bbclass

Then  for the time being, I have removed “networkmanager_1.0.10.bb “ . After that it started building more than 3350 package out of 3659. Now it spits out the following error. Please see below log files.

winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
Loaded 2218 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.28.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "i686-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-14.04"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "am437x-evm"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "2.0.1"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv7a vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp    = "jethro:12fae239641cc7a72c509a1a0841ab8bb06ce7f0"
meta-ti           = "master:963c35fc490a733a533c0c30471f9974eed451d6"
meta-oe           = "jethro:12fae239641cc7a72c509a1a0841ab8bb06ce7f0"

NOTE: Preparing RunQueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/temp/log.do_compile.3665)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/temp/log.do_compile.3665
Log data follows:
> [...]
| arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-libtool: compile:  arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv7-a -marm -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd -I../../.. -pthread -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -pthread -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit -DMODULE=vehicle_gpsd -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types -Wall -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -D_GNU_SOURCE -ffast-math -c /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/vehicle_gpsd.o
| /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c: In function 'vehicle_gpsd_callback':
| /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c:130:40: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no member named 'ss'
|                                 if (data->ss[i] > 0)
|                                         ^
| /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c: In function 'vehicle_gpsd_io':
| /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c:321:23: warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
|                    buf = gps_data(priv->gps);
|                        ^
| make[5]: *** [vehicle_gpsd.lo] Error 1
| make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/build/navit/vehicle/gpsd'
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/temp/log.do_compile.3665)
ERROR: Task 268 (/home/winiston/poky/meta-oe/recipes-navigation/navit/navit_svn.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3468 tasks of which 3467 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (3467 of 3645)

I can not justify what is the error? Does “networkmanager_1.0.10.bb” require for building “Navit” ?
I would be very thankful, if you resolve the above problem.

Thanking you...

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.

From: winiston @ 2016-03-05  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto texas, Anders Darander, Yocto layer, OE-core

@ 2016-03-05 23:24                     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-03-05 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: Anders Darander, OpenEmbedded Devel List

This thread doesn't belong on any of the lists that you were sending it to,
so I'm sending it to oe-devel now.

On 5 March 2016 at 05:49, <winiston@futuraautomation.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your valuable time...As you said, I added “meta-oe” layer in
> “bblayers.conf” . Now that Error got disappeared. Now it spits out the
> following error..
>
> winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
> Loaded 2176 entries from dependency cache.
> ERROR: ParseError at
> /home/winiston/poky/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/networkmanager/
> networkmanager_1.0.10.bb:12: Could not inherit file
> classes/bash-completion.bbclass

You're using meta-oe from git master but a release of oe-core.  Use the
corresponding release branch of meta-oe (ie jethro).

> | /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-
> linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/
> vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c:130:40: error: 'struct gps_data_t' has no
> member named 'ss'
> |                                 if (data->ss[i] > 0)
> |                                         ^
> |
> /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c:
> In function 'vehicle_gpsd_io':
> |
> /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/navit/navit/vehicle/gpsd/vehicle_gpsd.c:321:23:
> warning: assignment discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type
> [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
> |                    buf = gps_data(priv->gps);
> |                        ^
> | make[5]: *** [vehicle_gpsd.lo] Error 1
> | make[5]: Leaving directory
> `/home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/build/navit/vehicle/gpsd'
> | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
> | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at
> /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/navit/1_0.2.0+svnr5310-r11.3/temp/log.do_compile.3665)
> ERROR: Task 268 (/home/winiston/poky/meta-oe/recipes-navigation/navit/
> navit_svn.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
> NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3468 tasks of which 3467 didn't need to be
> rerun and 1 failed.
> No currently running tasks (3467 of 3645)

> *I can not justify what is the error? Does “networkmanager_1.0.10.bb
> <http://networkmanager_1.0.10.bb>” require for building “Navit” ?*
> *I would be very thankful, if you resolve the above problem.*

Looks like gpsd has changed its API and nobody updated navit.  It's quite
likely that downgrading gpsd by moving from meta-oe master to a release
branch will fix this.

Ross

* Re: [linux-yocto] How to integrate third party application software to yocto image
@ 2016-03-07  7:12                       ` Anders Darander
From: Anders Darander @ 2016-03-07  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, OE-core

* winiston@futuraautomation.com <winiston@futuraautomation.com> [160305 06:45]:
> winiston@winiston-VirtualBox:~/poky/build$ bitbake qt4e-demo-image
> Loaded 2176 entries from dependency cache.
> ERROR: ParseError at /home/winiston/poky/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/networkmanager/networkmanager_1.0.10.bb:12: Could not inherit file classes/bash-completion.bbclass

Well, the networkmanager recipe in mete-oe needs a class,
bash-completion, which isn't available to you.

> meta
> meta-yocto
> meta-yocto-bsp    = "jethro:12fae239641cc7a72c509a1a0841ab8bb06ce7f0"

This tells us that you're using the jethro branch from OE-core. This
one doesn't have the class that you required earlier. The class is only
avalaible in the master branch.

> meta-oe           = "jethro:12fae239641cc7a72c509a1a0841ab8bb06ce7f0"

Well, this one lies to us, as you have only copied meta-oe. Had you
cloned the repository instead, we would be able to tell you that you're
not using the jethro branch of meta-oe, but rather the master branch, a
lot easier.

You need to use the correct branches for all your layers. Mixing release
branches for certain layers, and master branches for other is a no-go,
unless you know what you're doing. (And can handle the pain yourself).

Cheers,
Anders

From: Anders Darander @ 2016-03-07  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: winiston; +Cc: yocto texas, Yocto layer, Burton, Ross, OE-core