* Fwd: bug report: iproute2 policer parsing broken
       [not found] <6c0937de-c8a2-c25f-4fbf-545ba2ea5abd@mojatatu.com>
@ 2017-10-22 15:17 ` Jamal Hadi Salim
From: Jamal Hadi Salim @ 2017-10-22 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, Phil Sutter, Stephen Hemminger, Jiri Pirko; +Cc: Lucas Bates

forgot to cc netdev...

cheers,
jamal

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: bug report: iproute2 policer parsing broken
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:59:07 -0400
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@mojatatu.com>
To: Phil Sutter <phil@nwl.cc>, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen@networkplumber.org>, Jiri Pirko <jiri@resnulli.us>
CC: Lucas Bates <lucasb@mojatatu.com>

It seems policer parsing with conform-exceed is broken.
I have verified this with a few actions.
git bisect indicates things were working before refactoring
into tc-utils.c - Unfortunately I dont have time to dig.
There seem to be two issues:

1) Has to do with whether you have space before or after "/"

#doesnt work
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k \
conform-exceed  A /B
#doesnt work
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k \
conform-exceed  A/B
#doesnt work
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k \
conform-exceed  A/ B
#works
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k \
conform-exceed  A / B

I tried a few actions but focussed on the "goto chain" and
"jump" actions.

2) specifying and index with "goto chain" but maybe consistent
across other actions

#works
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k conform-exceed
pipe / goto chain 111

#doesnt work
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k conform-exceed
pipe / goto chain 111 index 111

I may be able to get to it around netdev2.2 time if nobody else does.

cheers,
jamal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-22 15:17 UTC | newest]