* Can Assembly Language be used to write code for the OMAP 5912 chip
@ 2007-02-13  5:08 Rene Holder
From: Rene Holder @ 2007-02-13  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Is it possible to write a program for the OMAP 5912 chip in Assembly language? I looked through the archives but was unsuccessfull in finding any information and I am unable to find an assembler online which can be used with the OMAP 5912 chip.

---------------------------------

* Re: Can Assembly Language be used to write code for the OMAP 5912 chip
@ 2007-02-13  8:07 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2007-02-13  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene Holder; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

Rene Holder said the following on 2/12/2007 9:08 PM:
> Is it possible to write a program for the OMAP 5912 chip in Assembly language?
Yes why not. After all its ARM architecture based system.
> I looked through the archives but was unsuccessfull in finding any information and I am unable to find an assembler online which can be used with the OMAP 5912 chip.

you can use ARM assembler from GNU binutils cross compiled for arm
targets. You can get more documentation on binutils website on how to
use it.
http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/as/index.html

Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com>
MontaVista Software Inc.