* [U-Boot] FW: Is RSA algorithm support for the software authentication in u-boot?
@ 2012-06-14 12:41 Surendra Barku Dhobale
From: Surendra Barku Dhobale @ 2012-06-14 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

From: Surendra Barku Dhobale
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:02 PM
To: 'U-Boot at lists.denx.de'
Subject: Is RSA algorithm support for the software authentication in u-boot?

Hi ,
        I am looking for the RSA , public key authentication  for the images like u-boot.img ,uImage from the u-boot. In u-boot already  support for the SHA1 and md5,that's great!!!. But I want to use RSA algorithm for more security and official firmware releases.
Is there any support for that in u-boot?.  Or we have to integrate it.?
Please gives us the suggestions...

Surendra.

Infosys e-mail system.

* [U-Boot] FW: Is RSA algorithm support for the software authentication in u-boot?
@ 2012-06-14 18:45 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2012-06-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
>         I am looking for the RSA , public key authentication  for the
> images like u-boot.img ,uImage from the u-boot. In u-boot already  support
> for the SHA1 and md5,that's great!!!. But I want to use RSA algorithm for
> more security and official firmware releases. Is there any support for
> that in u-boot?.  Or we have to integrate it.? Please gives us the
> suggestions...

Basically, you want to not only prevent software corruption, but lock down the
device? Why ...

But either way, yes, you'd have to implement support for RSA into uboot.

> Surendra.

The stuff below is nonsense and it takes half of the space in this email, can
you please fix it?

> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.
> This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable
> precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may
> sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
> the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
> from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may
> be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut