* Determining version, current block size, setting default
@ 2003-03-20  1:16 Ed Swierk
From: Ed Swierk @ 2003-03-20  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

Hello,

I'm running Linux 2.4.18 kernels on my NFS server and clients, and am trying
to debug what seems to be an incorrectly configured block size.

Are there ways to:

- determine what version of the NFS protocol is being used by an existing
NFS mount?

- determine what block size is being used for an existing NFS mount?

- set the default block size on the NFS (v3?) server, so I don't have to
specify rsize and wsize on every client?

Any help would be appreciated.

--Ed

* Re: Determining version, current block size, setting default
@ 2003-03-20  9:47 ` Trond Myklebust
From: Trond Myklebust @ 2003-03-20  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Swierk; +Cc: nfs

     > Hello, I'm running Linux 2.4.18 kernels on my NFS server and
     > clients, and am trying to debug what seems to be an incorrectly
     > configured block size.

     > Are there ways to:

     > - determine what version of the NFS protocol is being used by an
     >   existing NFS mount?

cat /proc/mounts

     > - determine what block size is being used for an existing NFS
     >   mount?

cat /proc/mounts

     > - set the default block size on the NFS (v3?) server, so I don't have
     >   to specify rsize and wsize on every client?

No

Cheers,
  Trond