* doubts on dpdk qos-sched sample application
@ 2017-07-25  6:32 Mahesh Ishwar Mathad
From: Mahesh Ishwar Mathad @ 2017-07-25  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hi Team,

$ ./build/qos_sched -c 0xe -n 4 -- --pfc "0,1,3,2" --cfg "profile.cfg"EAL:
Detected 4 lcore(s)
PMD: bnxt_rte_pmd_init() called for (null)
EAL: PCI device 0000:01:00.0 on NUMA socket -1
EAL: probe driver: 8086:10c9 rte_igb_pmd
EAL: PCI device 0000:01:00.1 on NUMA socket -1
EAL: probe driver: 8086:10c9 rte_igb_pmd
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
Cause: Cannot init mbuf pool for socket 0

I getting error something like this: Cannot init mbuf pool for socket 0.

$ grep -i Huge /proc/meminfo
AnonHugePages: 350208 kB
HugePages_Total: 476
HugePages_Free: 476
HugePages_Rsvd: 0
HugePages_Surp: 0
Hugepagesize: 2048 kB

Is 476 hugepages are sufficient to execute qos_sched application?

Could you help me in running this app as per my system configuration.

Disclaimer:- The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of GlobalEdge. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses .GlobalEdge does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

* Re: doubts on dpdk qos-sched sample application
@ 2017-07-25 17:28 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2017-07-25 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh Ishwar Mathad, users, dev

Probably not enough, as traffic management requires large buffer pools.

By default, this app builds a mempool of 2M buffers for each output port:

#define NB_MBUF   (2*1024*1024)