* Help needed with NFS locking
@ 2003-07-19 19:59 Tupshin Harper
From: Tupshin Harper @ 2003-07-19 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

I'm absolutely stuck on this one. I'm running linux-2.4.21-ac4 on both
client and server (problem is not unique to this version of the kernel),
with debian-sid distribution on both systems. I'm trying to run /home as
an NFS-mounted volume on the client, but no matter what I try, I can't
get nfs-locking to work.

rpcinfo -p on the server looks like this:
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp    665  status
    100024    1   tcp    668  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100021    1   udp  41255  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  41255  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  41255  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp  49464  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp  49464  nlockmgr
    100021    4   tcp  49464  nlockmgr
    100005    1   udp    728  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    731  mountd
    100005    2   udp    728  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    731  mountd
    100005    3   udp    728  mountd
    100005    3   tcp    731  mountd

and on the client:
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    4   tcp  32768  nlockmgr
    391002    1   tcp    772  sgi_fam
    391002    2   tcp    772  sgi_fam
    100024    1   udp    652  status
    100024    1   tcp    655  status

And doing a remote rpcinfo between the two machines shows the same
information.

The symptom exihibits itself mainly as an inability to use gnome due to
file-locking errors, but other applications provide locking warnings as
well. BTW, is there a canonical way to test for nfs-locking?

Any suggestions???

-Tupshin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-19 19:59 UTC | newest]