* Changing block size in 2.4.20 kernel
@ 2003-07-22 16:04 Jeff Layton
From: Jeff Layton @ 2003-07-22 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfs

Hello,

   I'd like to increase the block size in the 2.4.20 kernel (can't upgrade
for various reasons) and I can't apply the TCP patches that change it.
This particular machine is a server for a beowulf, so it's a Linux
server for Linux clients (all the same kernel).
   If I change ./include/linux/nfsd/const.h, NFSSVC_MAXBLKSIZE
to 32k (32768), rebuild, reinstall, reboot, etc. Will this then change
the blocksize for the NFS server? (I just want to be sure :) Then the
clients can handle a 32k blocksize even running UDP? (Again, I
just want to be sure :)

TIA!

Jeff

--
Dr. Jeff Layton
Chart Monkey - Aerodynamics and CFD

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-22 16:50 UTC | newest]