* Red Hat webcast on SELinux
@ 2003-07-21 16:56 Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2003-07-21 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

I will be giving a webcast talking about SELinux and Red Hat on July 22,
2003.

https://www.redhat.com//apps/webform.html?event_type=webcast&eid=225

Dan

* Re: Red Hat webcast on SELinux
@ 2003-07-22 17:06 ` Joubert Berger
From: Joubert Berger @ 2003-07-22 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel J Walsh; +Cc: selinux

Just tried to sign up.  Can't.  They don't support RH9.  What's that all
about?  Anyone know how I can get the WebEx Meeting Manager software?

@ 2003-07-22 17:18   ` Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2003-07-22 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joubert Berger; +Cc: selinux

*WebEx FAQ for Red Hat*

*Frequently asked questions about WebEx and Linux*

*What are the system requirements for using WebEx?
*Requirements for Linux users
Red Hat 8 with Mozilla 1.0.1 or later (set as default browser)

Red Hat 6 - 7.3 with Netscape 4.7

Note: Red Hat 9 has not been certified for this release, but may work
with a clean installation.

Requirements for Windows users
Windows 95 - XP
Internet Explorer 4,5 or 6 or Netscape Navigator 4.7.x

*Can I use Netscape 7 or Mozilla to start or join a meeting?*
Yes. WebEx officially supports Mozilla 1.2.1. Netscape 7 and earlier
versions of Mozilla should work as well.

*How do I set up my Linux computer to use WebEx?
*1. Go to your WebEx site
2. Click *Set Up* in the navigation bar, then click *Meeting Manager*.
3. Click *Download Installer* in the Set Up WebEx Meeting Manager page. *
*4. Click *OK* in the Downloading wbxsetup-moz.tar.gz dialog box.
4. Click *Save* in the Enter name of file to save to... dialog box.
5. Save the file in the root directory. (Do not change the name of the
installer file.)
6. After downloading, open a terminal window and type the folowing
commands (these instructions will be presented on screen):

    *tar xfz wbxsetup-moz.tar.gz*
    *cd WebExPkg*
    *./INSTALL *

7. Type 1 to select Install/Upgrade.
8. Type *n* to complete the installation without installing the WebEx X
server extension. This is recommended for most users even to be a
presenter and use desktop sharing.

If you have the root password, you can type *y* to install the WebEx X
server extension, however this option is not recommended due to
compatibility issues with Red Hat 8. This enables application and Web
browser sharing. IMPORTANT: For Red Hat Linux 8.0, you must restart your
computer after installing the X server extension.

*How can I share my desktop (and all applications) from Linux?*

1. In the WebEx Meeting Manager, click the *Share* menu and select
*Desktop*.
2. Minimize the *Share Desktop* and *Meeting Manager* windows to view
the current desktop.
3. To stop desktop sharing, close the *Share Desktop* window.

*Tip:* You can use one workspace for the Meeting Manager window then
switch to another workspace to share applications. WebEx will always
share the desktop of the workspace that is currently in view. The
keyboard shortcut for switching workspaces is ctrl-alt-arrow.

*How can I share a specific application (e.g. OpenOffice) from Linux?
*Note: Installation of the Xshare extension is required for the
presenter to use application sharing. This feature has known
compatibility issues with Red Hat 8 and is not recommended for that release.

1. Start the application(s) that you want to share.
2. In the WebEx Meeting Manager, click the *Share* menu and select
*Application*.
3. In the Share Application window that appears, click the *Sharing*
menu and select *Share Application*, then select the application you
want to share from the sub menu.
4. Minimize the *Share Application* and *Meeting Manager* windows to
view the shared application on the current desktop.

To stop application sharing, close the *Share Application* window.

*What can I do if attendees cannot see exactly what I am sharing?*
Try screen sampling mode as follows:

1. Start Desktop sharing.
2. Click the *Sharing* menu in the Share Desktop window.
3. Select *Switch to... *then select *Screen Sampling Based*.

Note: Screen sampling mode may improve the appearance of your desktop on
attendee's screens.

*What if I get disconnected from the meeting?*
No problem. Just go back to the Meeting Center home page and join again.
If you were the host, be sure to log in first to retain the host role
when you rejoin the meeting.

**What are the known issues and limitations* for WebEx on Linux?
** Application sharing may not work well with some applications. Switch
to desktop sharing and use screen sampling mode.
* Presenters on Linux may not see chat from Attendees when the Attendee
Priviliges are set to chat with host and presenter only.
* Integrated teleconferencing is not supported in this release. Use call
in teleconferencing.
* Presentation or Document viewing and sharing are not supported in this
release. Use desktop or application sharing.
* When sharing the desktop using screen sampling mode, attendees will
not see the presenter's mouse pointer.

*Support and Feedback
*Click the *Assistance* link in the navigation bar on your Meeting
Center site, then click *Support* to view the Support page.
Refer to the Support page to find information for technical support, a
feedback form, release notes, downloads and more.

Joubert Berger wrote:

>Just tried to sign up.  Can't.  They don't support RH9.  What's that all
>about?  Anyone know how I can get the WebEx Meeting Manager software?
>
>On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 12:56, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>

>>I will be giving a webcast talking about SELinux and Red Hat on July 22,
>>2003.
>>
>>https://www.redhat.com//apps/webform.html?event_type=webcast&eid=225
>>
>>Dan
>>

>>--

* Slides from Red Hat webcast on SELinux
@ 2003-07-24 17:32     ` Daniel J Walsh
From: Daniel J Walsh @ 2003-07-24 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

For those who asked, the session was not recorded but will be repeated
August 20th.

ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/SecurityWebCast-SELinux.pdf

Dan