* Motorola finally anounces the MPC5200
@ 2003-07-23 23:14 Conn Clark
From: Conn Clark @ 2003-07-23 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: May Ling List

Hi everybody,

	Motorola finally officialy anounced the MPC5200 .

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2788_2266_23,00.html
http://e-www.motorola.com/files/abstract/overview/SPSMPC5200.htm
http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC5200&releaseLevel=Preview

I had given up hope of them ever releasing it. I know some people were
working on the MGT5100 ( the MPC5200's cousin ) . Where are the
development trees hosted? Any status on stability/maturity of the
peripheral drivers?

Does anybody know off hand if it will support more than one PCI device?

Thanks

	Conn

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark@esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

* Re: Motorola finally anounces the MPC5200
@ 2003-07-24  6:23 ` Wojciech Kromer
From: Wojciech Kromer @ 2003-07-24  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linuxppc-Embedded (E-mail)

> I had given up hope of them ever releasing it. I know some people were
> working on the MGT5100 ( the MPC5200's cousin ) . Where are the
> development trees hosted? Any status on stability/maturity of the
> peripheral drivers?

What about linux-kernel on this chip?
Is it binary compatible (userspace programs) to mpc8xx/82xx ???

--
* * * * * * * * * * * *
* per pedes ad astra! *

* Re: Motorola finally anounces the MPC5200
@ 2003-07-29 17:39 ` Mark A. Greer
From: Mark A. Greer @ 2003-07-29 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cedric_aubert; +Cc: LinuxPPC Embedded

Cedric Aubert wrote:

>That's right.
>
>There are a french news about a declaration of MV that
>they have
>full support of the MPC5200.
>
>http://www.toolinux.com/lininfo/news/news/news20030724003893.htm

http://www.mvista.com/news/2003/mot.html

* Re: Motorola finally anounces the MPC5200
@ 2003-07-24 13:55 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-24 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cedric_aubert; +Cc: LinuxPPC Embedded

In message <20030724125044.44568.qmail@web41808.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> There are a french news about a declaration of MV that
> they have
> full support of the MPC5200.

With a little luck there will be support for the MGT5100 and  MPC5200
in the next version of the ELDK, too (including U-Boot and Linux).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
Only in our dreams we are free.  The rest of the time we need  wages.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_

* RE: Motorola finally anounces the MPC5200
@ 2003-07-24 12:50 Cedric Aubert
From: Cedric Aubert @ 2003-07-24 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LinuxPPC Embedded

From: Jerry Van Baren @ 2003-07-24 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)