* 2003071106 on RH 7.2
@ 2003-07-25  3:07 Paul L. Allen
From: Paul L. Allen @ 2003-07-25  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

I grabbed a copy of the 2003071106 version of SE Linux and attempted
a "make quickinstall" on an old RedHat 7.2 partition.  It got part
way through the build and stopped with a complaint that it could not
find yacc.  So I put "bison -y $*" in /usr/bin/yacc and re-ran the
make.

It went a bit farther, but then stopped with this complaint:

ERROR 'unknown type system_mail_t' at token ';' on line 28350

It's apparently loading a policy.conf file from somewhere under
/etc/security/selinux and doesn't know what "system_mail_t" is.
Well, that makes two of us.  :-)

Since I don't see anybody else on the list talking about this, it
must be my fault.  Can anybody suggest what I might have done wrong
or where to look to fix it?  I've printed a pile of documents on SE
Linux, but have only waded through a bit of it so far.  I'm a long-
time Unix admin and programmer, but am brand-new to SE Linux.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul Allen
--
Boeing Phantom Works                   \ Paul L. Allen, (425) 865-3297
Math & Computing Technology              \ paul.l.allen@boeing.com

* Re: 2003071106 on RH 7.2
@ 2003-07-25 13:37 ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2003-07-25 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul L. Allen, selinux

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:07, Paul L. Allen wrote:
> It went a bit farther, but then stopped with this complaint:
>
> ERROR 'unknown type system_mail_t' at token ';' on line 28350

I tried to reproduce this and it seemed to work fine.

Please gzip the policy.conf file and put it on a web server where I can get a
copy.  Also tell me about any changes you may have made.

* Re: 2003071106 on RH 7.2
@ 2003-07-26 22:18   ` Kerry Thompson
From: Kerry Thompson @ 2003-07-26 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul L. Allen; +Cc: selinux, Russell Coker

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 01:37, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:07, Paul L. Allen wrote:
> > It went a bit farther, but then stopped with this complaint:
> >
> > ERROR 'unknown type system_mail_t' at token ';' on line 28350
>
> I tried to reproduce this and it seemed to work fine.
>
> Please gzip the policy.conf file and put it on a web server where I can get a
> copy.  Also tell me about any changes you may have made.

Probably need to:

    mv domains/program/unused/mta.te domains/program/

I usually miss that one too.

--
Kerry Thompson <kerry@crypt.gen.nz>