* iptables logs going to all ttys
@ 2003-10-13 22:40 lucas
From: lucas @ 2003-10-13 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Morning all,

I have the following in my firewall script, and to my knowledge this is
meant to stop all logs from going to all ttys but this is not the case
and its a real pain in the ass.

$IPTABLES -N drop-and-log-it
$IPTABLES -A drop-and-log-it -j LOG --log-level info
$IPTABLES -A drop-and-log-it -j DROP

If someone could give me a hint as to what i have overlooked that would
be much appreciated, thanks

General Details:
    iptables v1.2.8
    syslogd 1.4.1
    LFS 4.1

--
lucas                                    $(lucas@webone.com.au)

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

* RE: iptables logs going to all ttys
@ 2003-10-14 13:28 bmcdowell
From: bmcdowell @ 2003-10-14 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

If you're like me, and you've checked and re-checked your syslog.conf to no avail, you may want to try:

dmesg -n 1

I found that little tid-bit after three or four days of googling...

From: Joel Newkirk @ 2003-10-14  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-10-13 23:55 ` Jeffrey Laramie
From: Jeffrey Laramie @ 2003-10-13 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

* iptables logs going to all ttys