* Re:Question about -m tos option
@ 2003-10-13 12:14 Pavel V. Chjen
From: Pavel V. Chjen @ 2003-10-13 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

0x60 is out of valid range in dscp matching (:
[root@root linux]# iptables -A FORWARD -m dscp --dscp 0x60
iptables v1.2.9rc1: DSCP `96` out of range

* Re: Question about -m tos option
@ 2003-10-15  2:38 ` Bill Chappell
From: Bill Chappell @ 2003-10-15  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

> "Pavel V. Chjen" wrote:
>
> 0x60 is out of valid range in dscp matching (:
> [root@root linux]# iptables -A FORWARD -m dscp --dscp 0x60
> iptables v1.2.9rc1: DSCP `96` out of range

You only have 6 bits of the 8 bits in the ToS to work with
for DSCP,
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/dscpvalues.html#dscpandassuredforwardingclasses)
and valid values are explicitly 0 through 63 (decimal)
(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_r/qrfcmd4.htm#1098678).

Your rule used 60(hex),
which is 96(decimal) as the error message reported.

I got these references, and more, to confirm what
I thought I knew about DSCP by asking Google
for DSCP and DSCP+size, if that helps for the future.
(www.google.com)

I hope this helps and that you really do not
need 96 different values for the DSCP.

Bill

--
William Chappell,     Software Engineer,     Critical Technologies, Inc.
Suite 400 Technology Center, 4th Floor 1001 Broad Street, Utica, NY

* RE: Question about -m tos option
@ 2003-06-21 12:08 Rinse Kloek
From: Rinse Kloek @ 2003-06-21 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Pavel V. Yanchenko', netfilter

You need to patch iptables with the DSCP-target patch. Then you can use the
DSCP target to set all TOS values.

regards Rinse