* [ANN] ALSA 1.0 schedule
@ 2003-10-10 17:01 Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2003-10-10 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

as many of you might expect, we're reaching to the ALSA version 1.0.
Now as the 2.6.0-test kernel is being frozen, we also decided to
freeze the ALSA 1.0 feature.  The 1.0 release is scheduled at the end
of October.

You can find some TODOs for 1.0 and 1.1 in the cvs repository
(TODO-1.0, and TODO-1.1).

If you have *important* bugs not listed there, please let us know.
We'll try to fix before 1.0 release.
Also, if you have pending patches, please submit them ASAP.

Note that 1.0 is not the end of the world :)
Most of enhancement is considered to be postponed after 1.0.

Takashi

* Re: [ANN] ALSA 1.0 schedule
@ 2003-10-25 20:22 ` Friedrich Ewaldt
From: Friedrich Ewaldt @ 2003-10-25 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi,

this is not a *very* important issue, but the problem should be solved
quite easy:
For me, 4channel output (indep. front and rear output) works with the
Terratec XFire (cs46xx), but for some not -- at least not without
modifying the driver.

for the problem description see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08393.html

the problem was solved as described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08500.html
Maybe the changes to alsa-kernel/pci/cs46xx/cs46xx_lib.c described there
are already the correct solution.

fe

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as many of you might expect, we're reaching to the ALSA version 1.0.
> Now as the 2.6.0-test kernel is being frozen, we also decided to
> freeze the ALSA 1.0 feature.  The 1.0 release is scheduled at the end
> of October.
>
> You can find some TODOs for 1.0 and 1.1 in the cvs repository
> (TODO-1.0, and TODO-1.1).
>
> If you have *important* bugs not listed there, please let us know.
> We'll try to fix before 1.0 release.
> Also, if you have pending patches, please submit them ASAP.

Do you like what SourceForge.net is doing for the Open
Source Community?  Make a contribution, and help us add new
features and functionality. Click here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/

* Re: [ANN] ALSA 1.0 schedule
@ 2003-10-27 11:24   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2003-10-27 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Friedrich Ewaldt; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:22:27 +0200,
Friedrich Ewaldt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is not a *very* important issue, but the problem should be solved
> quite easy:
> For me, 4channel output (indep. front and rear output) works with the
> Terratec XFire (cs46xx), but for some not -- at least not without
> modifying the driver.
>
> for the problem description see:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08393.html
>
> the problem was solved as described here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08500.html
> Maybe the changes to alsa-kernel/pci/cs46xx/cs46xx_lib.c described there
> are already the correct solution.

thanks for the report.  now fixed on cvs.

ciao,

Takashi