* boot linux_ppc_2_4
@ 2003-11-05  7:10 Ronen Shitrit
From: Ronen Shitrit @ 2003-11-05  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Hi

I have a U-Boot which is working just fine,
and I'm trying to boot a kernel(ver 2.4) image with it ,
after I load the uImage to the DRAM by using the tftp as it is described
in the README file, I'm doing bootm to the uImage location,
I see that the code is getting to the kernel code , but there it get lost
after we disable the MMU in head.S.

(I know that the kernel version I have should be stable on my board
cause with the DINK monitor
I can load it just fine.)

Are there any special changes I should make to the Kernel in order for
it to be able to boot from the U-Boot??
If so, where can I find a good reference for it??

Thanks a lot

--
Ronen Shitrit

M.S.I.L
D.N. Misgav  20184
Tel:   +972-4-9951000
Fax:   +972-4-9951001
Email: mailto: ronen.shitrit@il.marvell.com

* Re: boot linux_ppc_2_4
@ 2003-11-05 23:33 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-11-05 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ronen Shitrit; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

In message <3FA8A251.40703@il.marvell.com> you wrote:

> I have a U-Boot which is working just fine,
> and I'm trying to boot a kernel(ver 2.4) image with it ,

Please do not post the same message to several mailing lists.

Answered in u-boot-users.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.