* snd_dice: Clicking artifacts with TC StudioKonnekt 48
@ 2020-02-20 20:34 Mathias Buhr
From: Mathias Buhr @ 2020-02-20 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: (alsa-devel@alsa-project.org)

Hi,

thanks to this group, both of my firewire interfaces are (almost)
working! Big thank you!

While the TC Konnekt 24D works fine (playback and recording), the
StudioKonnekt 48 produces clicking artifacts during playback when using
snd_dice. This interface is working flawless on Windows and on a
Jack/FFADO combination. This artifact occurs in all use cases (alsa via
aplay, pulseaudio and jack) and does not seem to be in recorded streams.
After recording the playback with another device, it looks like the
level of the artifact is scaling with the signal and its interval is
interestingly 256ms. Is there anything I can do to further debug this
issue? Capture firewire packets? I would love to get this device fully
working.

I'm using kernel version 5.5.4 but this issue has been there for a long
time.

Thanks,

Mathias