* [RFC] Create arch/Kconfig.nxp
@ 2022-06-15 18:00 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2022-06-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot, Priyanka Jain, Peng Fan, Stefano Babic

Hey all,

As I migrate assorted CONFIG options over to Kconfig, a common problem I
run in to is that between m68k, PowerPC and ARM (both Layerscape and
sometimes i.MX) there are options that fit under more than one
architecture but also don't have a good place to go.  For example, I
just ran in to CONFIG_SYS_FSL_NUM_CC_PLLS which started as PowerPC
specific, but is used still in Layerscape and more of a SoC detail (but
wouldn't make sense in drivers/soc/Kconfig).  I was thinking that
perhaps arch/Kconfig.nxp would be a good starting place to put these
options, but I'm quite open to other suggestions.  Thanks!

--
Tom

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* RE: [RFC] Create arch/Kconfig.nxp
@ 2022-06-16  3:54 ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2022-06-16  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini, u-boot, Priyanka Jain, Stefano Babic

Tom,

I agree to use Kconfig.nxp. thanks for the work.

Thanks,
Peng.

@ 2022-06-16  7:27 ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2022-06-16  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rini, u-boot, Priyanka Jain, Peng Fan, Stefano Babic

On 15.06.22 20:00, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As I migrate assorted CONFIG options over to Kconfig, a common problem I
> run in to is that between m68k, PowerPC and ARM (both Layerscape and
> sometimes i.MX) there are options that fit under more than one
> architecture but also don't have a good place to go.  For example, I
> just ran in to CONFIG_SYS_FSL_NUM_CC_PLLS which started as PowerPC
> specific, but is used still in Layerscape and more of a SoC detail (but
> wouldn't make sense in drivers/soc/Kconfig).

That's right, there is IP in common that can be factorized.

>  I was thinking that
> perhaps arch/Kconfig.nxp would be a good starting place to put these
> options, but I'm quite open to other suggestions.

+1

It looks to me a good idea ;-)

Regards,
Stefano

HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, 82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic@denx.de