* Question about IB_QP_CUR_STATE
@ 2020-07-08  9:41 liweihang
From: liweihang @ 2020-07-08  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma; +Cc: Linuxarm

Hi all,

I'm a little confused about the role of IB_QP_CUR_STATE in the enumeration
ib_qp_attr_mask.

In manual page of ibv_modify_qp(), comments of cur_qp_state is "Assume this
is the current QP state". Why we need to get current qp state from users
instead of drivers?

For example, why the users are allowed to modify qp from RTR to RTS again
even if the qp's state in driver and hardware has already been RTS.

I would be appretiate it if someone can help with this.

Weihang