* possible clash between 8ea0f2ba0fa3f and 4affafd7bec7c both decrementing refcount
@ 2022-04-27  9:34 Oliver Neukum
From: Oliver Neukum @ 2022-04-27  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Khoroshilov, Yu Kuai; +Cc: linux-media

Hi,

I was looking at those two patches and I cannot help myself,
it looks to me like they are both fixing the same issue in two
different ways.
Could you clarify?

    Regards
        Oliver

* Re: possible clash between 8ea0f2ba0fa3f and 4affafd7bec7c both decrementing refcount
@ 2022-04-27 10:29 ` Alexey Khoroshilov
From: Alexey Khoroshilov @ 2022-04-27 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Neukum, Yu Kuai; +Cc: linux-media

On 27.04.2022 12:34, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at those two patches and I cannot help myself,
> it looks to me like they are both fixing the same issue in two
> different ways.
> Could you clarify?

Hi!

As far as I can see

8ea0f2ba0fa3f
adds of_node_put(node);

while 4affafd7bec7c
adds put_device(pm->larbvenclt & pm->larbvenc);

Which clash do you mean?

Best regards,
Alexey

* Re: possible clash between 8ea0f2ba0fa3f and 4affafd7bec7c both decrementing refcount
@ 2022-04-28 11:28   ` Oliver Neukum
From: Oliver Neukum @ 2022-04-28 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Khoroshilov, Oliver Neukum, Yu Kuai; +Cc: linux-media

On 27.04.22 12:29, Alexey Khoroshilov wrote:
> On 27.04.2022 12:34, Oliver Neukum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was looking at those two patches and I cannot help myself,
>> it looks to me like they are both fixing the same issue in two
>> different ways.
>> Could you clarify?
> Hi!
>
> As far as I can see
>
> 8ea0f2ba0fa3f
> adds of_node_put(node);
>
> while 4affafd7bec7c
> adds put_device(pm->larbvenclt & pm->larbvenc);
>
> Which clash do you mean?

Hi,

thank you. I think I had a brain short circuit. It is clear to me,
why of_put_node() needed to be added in  8ea0f2ba0fa3f.
Yet I just cannot see where the get_device() corresponding
to the put_device added in  4affafd7bec7c is. So I jumped
to conclusions.

    Sorry
        Oliver