* [bugreport] stability issue with many altname
@ 2022-03-04 15:44 George Shuklin
From: George Shuklin @ 2022-03-04 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Recently there was a feature in kernel allowing alternative names for
network interfaces

(https://lwn.net/Articles/794289/)

I decided to give it a try:

while true; do ip link property add altname `uuidgen` dev lo; done

Within 50 seconds I got my machine completely unavailable, and ip start
to show strange errors on any input:

!!!Deficit 564, rta_len=25954
!!!Deficit 1324, rta_len=0
!!!Deficit 16216, rta_len=25911
!!!Deficit 12288, rta_len=25144
!!!Deficit 2044, rta_len=24884

Moreover, many processes in the system got to 100% cpu use: sudo,
cups-browser, ovs-vswitchd.

I thing there should be some kind of limit on number of altnames...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-04 15:44 UTC | newest]