* [U-Boot] Atmel AT91 USB Device Controller Driver
@ 2009-02-10 10:31 Fabio Porcedda
From: Fabio Porcedda @ 2009-02-10 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

I would like to use an USB Console with an AT91SAM9260 microcontroller,
so I've read that the usb device driver and the serial over usb driver
should be enabled:

#define CONFIG_USB_DEVICE
#define CONFIG_USB_TTY
#define CFG_CONSOLE_IS_IN_ENV

the support for the Serial over USB is already present
(/drivers/serial/usbtty.c),
but i need the USB Device Controller Driver for the Atmel AT91 family,
a sort of /drivers/usb/usbdcore_at91.c...

Before starting to write (or to port from linux) the driver on my own,
I ask you if someone has already done this kind of work.

Thanks in advance
--
Fabio Porcedda

* [U-Boot] Atmel AT91 USB Device Controller Driver
@ 2009-02-10 20:14 ` Remy Bohmer
       [not found]   ` <dc6d3180902102141u6815f2aby7888bb22d7794401@mail.gmail.com>
From: Remy Bohmer @ 2009-02-10 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Fabio,

2009/2/10 Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use an USB Console with an AT91SAM9260 microcontroller,
> so I've read that the usb device driver and the serial over usb driver
> should be enabled:
>
> #define CONFIG_USB_DEVICE
> #define CONFIG_USB_TTY
> #define CFG_CONSOLE_IS_IN_ENV
>
> the support for the Serial over USB is already present
> (/drivers/serial/usbtty.c),
> but i need the USB Device Controller Driver for the Atmel AT91 family,
> a sort of /drivers/usb/usbdcore_at91.c...
>
> Before starting to write (or to port from linux) the driver on my own,
> I ask you if someone has already done this kind of work.

You might take a look at the U-boot-usb git tree, especially the cdc branch.
It contains everything to get the at91udc driver to work in U-boot.

Kind Regards,

Remy

@ 2009-02-11  8:42     ` Remy Bohmer
From: Remy Bohmer @ 2009-02-11  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Arjun,

> Right now m using usb console on my development board.I too reffered
> U-boot-usb git tree.

If you have patches for this, please post them. I am interested.

Kind Regards,

Remy

@ 2009-02-16 10:27   ` Fabio Porcedda
From: Fabio Porcedda @ 2009-02-16 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Remy Bohmer <linux@bohmer.net> wrote:
> Hello Fabio,
>
> 2009/2/10 Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda@gmail.com>:
>> [...]
>>
>> I would like to use an USB Console with an AT91SAM9260 microcontroller,
>> so I've read that the usb device driver and the serial over usb driver
>> should be enabled:
>>
>> [...]
>
> You might take a look at the U-boot-usb git tree, especially the cdc branch.
> It contains everything to get the at91udc driver to work in U-boot.

I have previously checked the U-Boot usb git tree, but i missed the cdc branch.

In the cdc branch there is the at91udc driver with the CDC-ethernet driver.
But i need to use the Serial over USB, implemented by the
drivers/serial/usbtty.c
The usbtty.c use the udc_* api implemented by  usbdcore_mpc8x.c and
usbdcore_omap1510.c.
If i want to use the usbtty.c driver i need to porting it to the
at91udc gadget api implemented by the at91udc driver?

Best Regards.
--
Fabio Porcedda

* [U-Boot] Atmel AT91 USB Device Controller Driver
@ 2009-02-16 20:02     ` Remy Bohmer
From: Remy Bohmer @ 2009-02-16 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

>>> I would like to use an USB Console with an AT91SAM9260 microcontroller,
>>> so I've read that the usb device driver and the serial over usb driver
>>> should be enabled:
> In the cdc branch there is the at91udc driver with the CDC-ethernet driver.
> But i need to use the Serial over USB, implemented by the
> drivers/serial/usbtty.c

I read that...

> The usbtty.c use the udc_* api implemented by  usbdcore_mpc8x.c and
> usbdcore_omap1510.c.
> If i want to use the usbtty.c driver i need to porting it to the
> at91udc gadget api implemented by the at91udc driver?

Sorry, but the closest thing to what you need I have at this moment,
is the at91_udc driver in the CDC branch.
You might need to glue it together to the usbtty driver, or you can
look if you could use the Linux serial usb gadget driver and port it
to U-boot, because the cdc branch is actually a port of the Linux
USB-gadget layer to U-boot.

Kind Regards,

Remy