* Native Windows implementation of GIT ?
@ 2009-06-12 22:07 Aaron Gray
From: Aaron Gray @ 2009-06-12 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there going to be a native Windows implementation of GIT ?

i.e. not MSYS or Cygwin based.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

* Re: Native Windows implementation of GIT ?
@ 2009-06-12 22:12 ` Reece Dunn
       [not found]   ` <9719867c0906130832y491daa8eq1a684051f2268d1e@mail.gmail.com>
From: Reece Dunn @ 2009-06-12 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/6/12 Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists@googlemail.com>:
> Is there going to be a native Windows implementation of GIT ?
>
> i.e. not MSYS or Cygwin based.
>
> Many thanks in advance,

Cygwin is an adapter layer that maps posix calls to the Windows Win32
API, so is not a native implementation.

MSYS uses the MinGW (gcc) compiler uses the native Windows Win32 API,
so the MSYS version *is* native.

Unless by native you mean using Visual Studio?

- Reece

* Fwd: Native Windows implementation of GIT ?
       [not found]     ` <3f4fd2640906130909x6184f06bl5b6369e6e280426c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-06-13 16:12       ` Reece Dunn
From: Reece Dunn @ 2009-06-13 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Git List; +Cc: Aaron Gray

Forwarding to the git mailing list (Aaron: could you keep the mailing
list in the CC, thanks).

- Reece