* [Xenomai] Timer
@ 2015-06-11 15:31 cristian ramos
From: cristian ramos @ 2015-06-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello everybody,

    First at all, thank very much for you attention and I would like
receive your help.

    I'm working with centos7 and 2.6.4 release. All is working perfect, but
I don't understand because the code below I get a difference of two seconds.

    clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &ts);
    RTIME rtime = rt_timer_read();
    cout <<"posix: " << ts.tv_sec << ts.tv_nsec << endl;
    cout <<"xeno:  "<<  rtime << endl;

the result is:

    posix: *1434035528*803555763
    xeno: *1434035526*522192216

you can see that clock_gettime has two seconds more than rt_timer_read. I'm
using ntp for the synchronization between machines.

Thank you very much for your time and would appreciate any help.

Regards

* Re: [Xenomai] Timer
@ 2015-06-11 16:47 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-06-11 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cristian ramos; +Cc: xenomai

cristian ramos wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>     First at all, thank very much for you attention and I would like
> receive your help.
>
>     I'm working with centos7 and 2.6.4 release. All is working perfect,
> but
> I don't understand because the code below I get a difference of two
> seconds.
>
>     clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME, &ts);
>     RTIME rtime = rt_timer_read();
>     cout <<"posix: " << ts.tv_sec << ts.tv_nsec << endl;
>     cout <<"xeno:  "<<  rtime << endl;
>
> the result is:
>
>     posix: *1434035528*803555763
>     xeno: *1434035526*522192216
>
> you can see that clock_gettime has two seconds more than rt_timer_read.
> I'm
> using ntp for the synchronization between machines.
>
> Thank you very much for your time and would appreciate any help.

Oh boy, are there ambiguities between the words "clock" and "timer" this
afternoon.

See:
http://xenomai.org/2014/08/porting-a-linux-application-to-xenomai-dual-kernel/#Timing_services

rt_timer_read() is the same as Xenomai POSIX skin CLOCK_REALTIME.

--
                    Gilles.