* Could nomal linux threads and xenomai threads run together in the same process?
@ 2020-05-18  9:16 孙世龙
From: 孙世龙 @ 2020-05-18  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,
As per the documentation
(https://research.idi.ntnu.no/multicore/_media/
linux_xenomai_hard_real-time_en_read-only_.pdf  *page number:11*),
it give me the sense that *nomal linux threads *which are not normal
xenomai thread whose scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER and *xenomai threads*
could
run together *in the same process*? Is that really the case?

Look forward to hearing from you.

* Re: Could nomal linux threads and xenomai threads run together in the same process?
@ 2020-05-18  9:22 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-05-18  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 孙世龙, xenomai

On 18.05.20 11:16, 孙世龙 via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
> As per the documentation
> (https://research.idi.ntnu.no/multicore/_media/
> linux_xenomai_hard_real-time_en_read-only_.pdf  *page number:11*),
> it give me the sense that *nomal linux threads *which are not normal
> xenomai thread whose scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER and *xenomai threads*
> could
> run together *in the same process*? Is that really the case?
>
> Thank you for your attention to this matter.
> Look forward to hearing from you.

Yes, that works fine. However, if your ordinary Linux thread should
access a Xenomai API that may block (on RT resources), it has to be at
least wrapped with Xenomai shadow thread. But that happens automatically
if you are using the POSIX interface and build the application with the
options xeno-config reports.

Jan