* [Bridge] Max length of bridge device name?
@ 2004-01-12 18:12 Josh Wyatt
From: Josh Wyatt @ 2004-01-12 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

Hi all,

Does anyone know the maximum length of the interface name created by 'brctl addbr'?  How about any other restrictions on
usable alphanumerics, for example is "-" (dash) or "_" (underscore) allowed, commas, periods, etc allowed?

Most docs I see refer to this as br0, but I'd like to use more descriptive names, such as vlan_105, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

* Re: [Bridge] Max length of bridge device name?
@ 2004-01-12 21:41 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2004-01-12 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:12:34 -0500
Josh Wyatt <Josh.Wyatt@hcssystems.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know the maximum length of the interface name created by 'brctl addbr'?
	IFNAMSIZ-1 = 15 chars

 How about any other restrictions on
> usable alphanumerics, for example is "-" (dash) or "_" (underscore) allowed, commas, periods, etc allowed?

Well all should work (except "." and "..").