* Re: [LARTC] Per Ip bandwidth
@ 2004-02-02  7:55 Artūras Šlajus
From: Artūras Šlajus @ 2004-02-02  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Claudiu Pruna wrote:

> 1)
> 	I have observed that if the user whois ip is going to class 1:11 has
> more threads, that that fro9m class 1:12 then, there is no more fairness
> in borrowing, so that user with 1:11 gets almost all the unused
> bandwidth from the parent ( going up to 96Kbit/s ).
well htb isn't just for this case.
i would make one class and atach wrr/esfq qdisc to it. they're made esspecialy for
round-robin fairness. When i used wrr i've got absolute fairness (1 or 2 bytes difference :)

> 2)
> 	why do I get " qdisc pfifo_fast 0: [Unknown qdisc, optlen ] " at tc
> qdisc ls dev eth0 right after booting the computer, without attaching
> yet any qdisc ??
because there is default qdisc which is simple pfifo.

* [LARTC] Per Ip bandwidth
@ 2004-01-31 17:55 Claudiu Pruna
From: Claudiu Pruna @ 2004-01-31 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

	Hi there,

	I have two questions:

1)
	In the following setup:

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100Mbit
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 128Kbit
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:10 classid 1:11 htb rate 32Kbit ceil
128Kbit
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:10 classid 1:12 htb rate 32Kbit ceil
128Kbit

	I have observed that if the user whois ip is going to class 1:11 has
more threads, that that fro9m class 1:12 then, there is no more fairness
in borrowing, so that user with 1:11 gets almost all the unused
bandwidth from the parent ( going up to 96Kbit/s ).

2)
	why do I get " qdisc pfifo_fast 0: [Unknown qdisc, optlen ] " at tc
qdisc ls dev eth0 right after booting the computer, without attaching
yet any qdisc ??

Thank for your ideeas.

-------

Claudiu Pruna