* dsdt patch
@ 2004-02-01  9:48 Alimin Bijosono Oei
       [not found] ` <401CCB50.6010003-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org>
From: Alimin Bijosono Oei @ 2004-02-01  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi,

Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me to use my
own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24? Is there such a patch flying around or is
the kernel itself patched to allow implementation of custom dsdt table?
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question but I could
not find a mailing list for dsdt itself. I would very much appreciate if
someone can point me to the right direction.
Thanks heaps.

Alimin

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn

* Re: dsdt patch
       [not found] ` <401CCB50.6010003-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-02-02  8:44   ` Sebastian Henschel
       [not found]     ` <20040202084457.GC8164-5sK/Rx+du8M@public.gmane.org>
From: Sebastian Henschel @ 2004-02-02  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

hello alimin..

* Alimin Bijosono Oei <alimin-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org> [2004-02-02 09:12 +0100]:

> Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me to use my
> own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24? Is there such a patch flying around or is
> the kernel itself patched to allow implementation of custom dsdt table?
> I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question but I could
> not find a mailing list for dsdt itself. I would very much appreciate if
> someone can point me to the right direction.

you might try this:

http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml

also dino klein has announced a more generic patch last week or so,
check the archives for that version.

hth,
 sebastian
--
::: .O.
::: ..O

* Re: dsdt patch
       [not found] ` <401CCB50.6010003-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-02-02  9:05   ` Luca Capello
       [not found]     ` <401E12BC.60905-wlebWZzHoyE@public.gmane.org>
From: Luca Capello @ 2004-02-02  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ML ACPI-devel

@ 2004-02-03 14:46       ` Alimin Bijosono Oei
From: Alimin Bijosono Oei @ 2004-02-03 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Capello; +Cc: ML ACPI-devel

Luca Capello wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on 02/01/04 10:48, Alimin Bijosono Oei wrote:
>
>>Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me to use my
>>own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24? Is there such a patch flying around or is
>>the kernel itself patched to allow implementation of custom dsdt table?
>
> there's an HOWTO here (even if against linux-2.4.18):
> 	http://www.cpqlinux.com/acpi-howto.html
>
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca

Thanks Luca. That's what I have been following as well. But then I am
stuck with the step of patching osl.c in order to include my own dsdt
table. The howto had a patch for kernel 2.4.18 but what about 2.4.24
which I am using now? Is there any osl.c patch for 2.4.24 somewhere?

@ 2004-02-03 14:58       ` Alimin Bijosono Oei
       [not found]         ` <401FB726.1080105-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org>
From: Alimin Bijosono Oei @ 2004-02-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Henschel; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> hello alimin..
>
> * Alimin Bijosono Oei <alimin-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org> [2004-02-02 09:12 +0100]:
>
>>Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me to use my
>>own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24? Is there such a patch flying around or is
>>the kernel itself patched to allow implementation of custom dsdt table?
>>I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question but I could
>>not find a mailing list for dsdt itself. I would very much appreciate if
>>someone can point me to the right direction.
>

> you might try this:
>
> http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml
>
> also dino klein has announced a more generic patch last week or so,
> check the archives for that version.
>
> hth,
>  sebastian

Thanks Sebastian. I feel a bit lost after consulting the more generic
patch you suggested before. Yes, at the moment I have two choices, one
is to use the initrd patch as you pointed out and the other one is to
patch osl.c and compile the custom dsdt into the kernel. I just want to
know if there is a patch to osl.c for kernel 2.4.24 made available? If
there isn't one, then I can always use the initrd patch which I am using
at the moment. I am not sure which method is the best though.

@ 2004-02-05  9:39           ` Sebastian Henschel
From: Sebastian Henschel @ 2004-02-05  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

re alimin..

* Alimin Bijosono Oei <alimin-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org> [2004-02-03 16:46 +0100]:
> Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> >
> >* Alimin Bijosono Oei <alimin-rdE3vRTOlSC6c6uEtOJ/EA@public.gmane.org> [2004-02-02 09:12 +0100]:
> >
> >>Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me to use my
> >>own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24? Is there such a patch flying around or is
> >>the kernel itself patched to allow implementation of custom dsdt table?
> >>I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question but I could
> >>not find a mailing list for dsdt itself. I would very much appreciate if
> >>someone can point me to the right direction.
> >

> >you might try this:
> >
> >http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml
> >
> >also dino klein has announced a more generic patch last week or so,
> >check the archives for that version.
>
> Thanks Sebastian. I feel a bit lost after consulting the more generic
> patch you suggested before. Yes, at the moment I have two choices, one
> is to use the initrd patch as you pointed out and the other one is to
> patch osl.c and compile the custom dsdt into the kernel. I just want to
> know if there is a patch to osl.c for kernel 2.4.24 made available? If
> there isn't one, then I can always use the initrd patch which I am using
> at the moment. I am not sure which method is the best though.

well, the initrd patch is quite flexible. there is no need to recompile
your kernel if you change the DSDT.
dunno about osl.c patch for 2.4.24 (or 2.6).

bye,
 sebastian
--

       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401CBB674-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-02-03 14:40   ` Alimin Bijosono Oei
From: Alimin Bijosono Oei @ 2004-02-03 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Yu, Luming wrote:
>>Just want to ask where can I find a patch that will allow me
>>to use my
>>own dsdt for kernel 2.4.24?
>

> Can you let me know what exact error need be fixed in DSDT?

I am using a Compaq Presario 1500AP notebook and so far I have been
using the fixed dsdt of Compaq EVO N1000V and it works just fine. The
only problem I have was that I upgrade from kernel 2.4.22 to 2.4.24 and
I can't find any patch for 2.4.24 that will allow me to patch osl.c so
that I can implement the fixed dsdt. When using 2.4.22 before, I got a
patch for osl.c from
http://cabibbo.physics.wm.edu/~bryan/computer/dsdt.patch_2.4.22
The author was using Dell Inspiron, but the patch works for me.

@ 2004-02-03  8:39 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401CBB674-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-02-03  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alimin Bijosono Oei, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f