* How to test Serial data transfer beyond 115k up to 1.5Mbps
@ 2004-02-27 10:25 Hegde, Ashok
From: Hegde, Ashok @ 2004-02-27 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linuxppc-Embedded (E-mail)

Hi All,

I want to test my serial driver at higher speeds, How to test serial data
transfer  up to 1.5Mbps speed.
Is it zmodem protocol supports this speed?
I am able to test it (using zmodem protocol )up to 115K, beyond this I am
facing problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ashok

* Re: How to test Serial data transfer beyond 115k up to 1.5Mbps
@ 2004-02-27 16:20 ` Jos Beck II
From: Jos Beck II @ 2004-02-27 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hegde, Ashok; +Cc: Linuxppc-Embedded (E-mail)

Hegde, Ashok wrote:

> I want to test my serial driver at higher speeds, How to test serial
> data transfer up to 1.5Mbps speed. Is it zmodem protocol supports this
> speed? I am able to test it (using zmodem protocol )up to 115K, beyond
> this I am facing problem.

You mentioned 115k2, probably an async port.
Do you want to run async at 1,5mbit/s?
What kind of device will that be?
I think the zmodem protocol does not mind to be used at higher rates :o)
Your problem is probably somewhere else. (drivers?)

JB

* about MPC852T board
@ 2004-02-28 10:22   ` zjzhou
From: zjzhou @ 2004-02-28 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Dear All,

I know the board based on mpc852T supported by ELDK3.0 are AdderII and
MPC86xADS.

Could you tell me which boards based on MPC852T are supported by ELDK3.0
except AdderII and MPC86xADS?

Thanks in advance!
John

> Hegde, Ashok wrote:
>
>> I want to test my serial driver at higher speeds, How to test serial
>> data transfer up to 1.5Mbps speed. Is it zmodem protocol supports
>> this speed? I am able to test it (using zmodem protocol )up to 115K,
>> beyond this I am facing problem.
>
> You mentioned 115k2, probably an async port. Do you want to run async
> at 1,5mbit/s? What kind of device will that be? I think the zmodem
> protocol does not mind to be used at higher rates :o) Your problem is
> probably somewhere else. (drivers?)

* Re: about MPC852T board
@ 2004-02-29 16:27     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2004-02-29 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zjzhou; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

In message <2432.221.137.49.91.1077963761.squirrel@mail.newrocktech.com> you wrote:

> I know the board based on mpc852T supported by ELDK3.0 are AdderII and
> MPC86xADS.

No, you are wrong.

The ELDK does not support _any_ specific  boards.  It  supports  pro-
cessors  / architectures. For the ELDK version for the PowerPC archi-
tecture, the ppc_8xx group of target packages will support ALL MPC8xx
based boards.

> Could you tell me which boards based on MPC852T are supported by ELDK3.0
> except AdderII and MPC86xADS?

All of them. Including those that don't even exist yet.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked  some-
thing.