* [Bridge] Bridging with kernel-2.6
@ 2004-02-23 16:42 Wouter Coppens
From: Wouter Coppens @ 2004-02-23 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

Hey,

Has anybody got bridging working with kernel-2.6?
Are their things that need special attention?

I have read about the iptables physdev match module for 2.6. Is it required to get the bridge up and running?

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

* Re: [Bridge] Bridging with kernel-2.6
@ 2004-02-28  2:36 ` Greg Morgan
From: Greg Morgan @ 2004-02-28  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wouter Coppens; +Cc: bridge

Wouter Coppens wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Has anybody got bridging working with kernel-2.6?
> Are their things that need special attention?
>
> I have read about the iptables physdev match module for 2.6. Is it required to get the bridge up and running?

I thought you had to have the ebtables patch applied before the bridging
patch.  However, with ebtables being in the 2.5 and above kernels, I've
lost track of the order of the patches these days.  A quick look at
http://bridge.sourceforge.net/devel.html shows this "The code is updated
as part of the current kernels available at kernel.org."  A link to
ebtables is on the same page.  Are you experiencing some sort of problem?

Greg