* Transmission over Intel SCH US15W SMBus interface
@ 2009-09-23 13:25 Konrad Bojar
From: Konrad Bojar @ 2009-09-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-i2c-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello,

I am considering developing a real-time transmission of little data, but
arriving on an irregular basis. There is a rather strict requirement for
this to be done using SMBus and RT Linux. I already know that the chipset
in question is well supported and that the task is feasible from that
point of view. What I do not know is how this will impact the overall
system performace, since I have found no information wheter the only way
to do the SMBus transmission is to use polling at SMBus frequency
(400kHz). Is this bus buffered internally by the chipset? Do you have any
info on that issue? Thanks in advance, Konrad Bojar